Is it easy to adjust a window?

Any problems assoicated with leaks
Hedders

Is it easy to adjust a window?

Post by Hedders »

Having now replaced a few mechanical parts including the engine (!) i am now tidying up some loose ends, like the passenger window is not aligned properly and needs 'help' to pop into place every time i close it.

Hopefully you can see what i mean in this pic. I cant figure out how to post a full size image but this should be clickable.

The top of the window is sticking out just about enough to be able to pass a pound coin through the gap!

Easy fix?
2006 Black 206cc 'Sport' . 75000 miles. Recently purchased from Gumtree for £500.

Roll on, summer!!

Rubyoptics

Re: Is it easy to adjust a window?

Post by Rubyoptics »

2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

Hedders

Post by Hedders »

Strangely, I seem to be able to look through every bloody link in there and not find anything about adjusting the glass, but when I do a Google search I get this!

http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/repair-20 ... cg27f3.htm

But, these instructions seem as clear as mud to me, but that's probably just me :)
2006 Black 206cc 'Sport' . 75000 miles. Recently purchased from Gumtree for £500.

Roll on, summer!!

IanL

Post by IanL »

I have done it, and found that there was more to it, in my case. It turned out that the door was not hanging correctly, and I had to shim one of the hinges to correct that, and then re-adjust the window.

Check the door hang by comparing to the other door (which I presume is ok).

Hedders

Post by Hedders »

Thanks Ian,

I will see if I can see a difference between the two doors. I know that both of them seem to protrude a bit at the top of the actual door rather than the top of the window but the drivers window is fine.

Roll on, summer!!

IanL

Post by IanL »

I think I see what you mean. The window should not quite touch the underside of the hard black roof edge; it should tuck in underneath it and press against the squashy seal. If it does touch the hard edge, it needs to be lowered, and if it does not press against the seal, the striker on the door pillar needs to be moved inwards till it does.

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Ian, could you clarify this striker as I believe I have the issue of the window not being "in " far enough.
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

IanL

Post by IanL »

The striker is the thing on the door pillar that the door catch engages in to hold the door shut. It is secured by two bolts, and the striker has oversize holes such that it can be repositioned once they are slightly slackened.

Slacken the bolts, move the striker inboard slightly, do the bolts up tight again, and test. Process of trial and error.