Oil leak, Cramshaft casing ?

Any problems assoicated with leaks
miguel.navarrete

Oil leak, Cramshaft casing ?

Post by miguel.navarrete »

Hi everyone, i´m Miguel and i´ve just joined the forum and this my first post, i hope i upload it in the correct subforum. I would also like to apologize for any mistake i may make when writing this post as i´m spanish and my english isn´t as good as i would like.
Focusing on the matter of the post, about a month ago i found a small oil stain in the place showed in the picture attached, it has gotten a little bigger. I was wondering if the leak may come from the sealing between the cramshaft bearing cap casing and the cylinder head. It seems to be worn. I checked the seal of the valve cover and the isn´t any visible leaks.

My car is a 2002, 2liter Peugeot 206CC and it has arround 110.000 miles. I bought it 2years ago second-hand from a dealership so i don´t know previous problems to my ownershio period. I have done it basic maintenance and a clutch change.

I hope i have explained myself well and that there weren´t many grammar mistakes. I´m hoping to hear your opinion.
Thank you, Miguel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.