wet floor

Any problems assoicated with leaks
martyrox

wet floor

Post by martyrox »

Afternoon all,
My ongoing problem is a wet floor behind the passenger seat. I've silicone greased all rubber parts and have been putting on a half cover during wet weather, no leaks on the roof or window seals. Yet this morning I found a small puddle in the usual place. Could the rain be coming in via the boot seal? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, when we get a few dry days I'll remove the rear seats and side panels (tips for easy removal please!) Thanks, in advance,
Martin.
P.S. it's been non-stop rain here in sunny South Devon!

Capncol

Re: wet floor

Post by Capncol »

Check the door and sill drains are clear
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

martyrox

Re: wet floor

Post by martyrox »

Thanks Col,
I've done just that this morning (nice day for a change) also removed rear seats and side panel - all a lot easier than I first thought. Found a large puddle directly beneath the rear window motor in the gully where the electrics run. I think water was coming in at the back of the seal by the boot lid and rear window, the previous owner assumed that clear bathroom silicone should take the place of a missing plastic stud! All now dried but underlay/insulation now drying indoors. I'll leave it a while for the carpet to thoroughly dry and to see if I've managed to fix the leak - fingers crossed.
Regards, Martin.