Water leak, but from where?

Any problems assoicated with leaks
lobinha

Water leak, but from where?

Post by lobinha »

Hi, I don't know what else is wrong with my car, first the pedals failed me now found another problem. My can on the passenger side on the floor is soaking wet. The car is getting mold everywhere, seats, doors, dashboard, carpet. Mechanic been, he will have to take the car to the garage to fix the body work from the accident (in my previous posts) oil and filters will all have to be changed. Any ideas where the water can come from? He diagnostic on the car and no problems were found. Help, I think I bought a scrap car :o
Peugeot 206 cc silver
1.6 l
manual petrol

gazza82

Re: Water leak, but from where?

Post by gazza82 »

Door seals, roof seals, ... Lots of possible places on a CC ...

Your recent accident won't help if you pushed the wing back.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Luditus

Post by Luditus »

Flooded floor pans were very common in the 60's with ragtops. So many points of ingress, and in those days, too many other problems to sort out first. The short term fix was to completely remove all carpeting, ready to replace when dried out sometime in the summer - then remove all the rubber bungs in the flooring. This doesn't stop the leaks, but it prevents the water accumulating into puddles which then evaporate and condense over the rest of the interior, generally feeding all the bacteria living in leather upholstery. (This is the mould, and easily brushed off when dry). Get your body man to sort out the passenger door seal too. Good luck.

lobinha

Post by lobinha »

Just found a huge puddle on the passenger side. There's no water on dashboard, looks like the water is going straight into the floor. Oh well the CC is going to the garage Monday or Tuesday, guess I need luck now so they can find where the water is coming from........
Peugeot 206 cc silver
1.6 l
manual petrol