Passenger foot well swimming pool

Any problems assoicated with leaks
Harry Honda

Passenger foot well swimming pool

Post by Harry Honda »

Daughter's first car.Ideal motor.
However, we had 100mm water sitting in the passenger well as the car was parked up in Wales for 2 weeks.Having had the passenger side window broken into and subsequently replaced I was assuming that a seal or joint was incorrectly fitted.Took the door panel off and found that the door drain was plugged but window seals looked good.Noticed that the door mirror assembly bolt has gone rusty and after closer inspection found the mirror seal was incorrectly fitted and water had ran through the joint and built up inside the door.Also found that the door seal was fitted incorrectly as the 450 mm sponge filled seal section should be mounted along the upright door hinged pillar and NOT at the bottom of the door which is where captured water should freely flow away from the vehicle.The electric door mirror has a completely different electrical connection to the wiring loom so I can only imagine that this little car has been 'tinkered with' by untrained hands!Hence why the mirror motor never worked from purchase.The floor pan plug has now been refitted with bosswipe .Be aware that these great little cars are only as good as those people who work on them.

gazza82

Re: Passenger foot well swimming pool

Post by gazza82 »

The CC door mirror is different to hatchbacks at the mounting so you can probably guess it's got the wrong one.

Trouble is breakers know this so jack the cost up. Paid £55 for one just before xmas to replace one snapped in car park.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

IanL

Re: Passenger foot well swimming pool

Post by IanL »

gazza82 wrote:The CC door mirror is different to hatchbacks at the mounting so you can probably guess it's got the wrong one.

Trouble is breakers know this so jack the cost up. Paid £55 for one just before xmas to replace one snapped in car park.
Just jumping in here - wondering what the difference is.

I had to replace them on daughter's 206 hatchback - got some new ones (not genuine Peugeot, so cheap) on EBay, and I found I needed to grind some metal off the internal casting (What did we do before angle grinders?). It had a sort of spike-like web which wanted to punch a hole into the door skin. It wasn't a casting flaw, but a deliberately shaped feature!

Anyway, I just wondered if the 206cc difference has anything to do with that.