Fuel Leak... Please Help

Any problems assoicated with leaks
Barnard85

Fuel Leak... Please Help

Post by Barnard85 »

Hi,
I have a 206 Roland Garros 1.4 (2000)

I have noticed that when I top up, I get to half a tank, when I have pulled up somewhere I notice I puddle under the rear passenger door.
I have smelt it and its definitely petrol.

I have read that this is some what of a common problem, but I would like to know exactly how to change it as I have never really dealt with Peugeot cars before.

I dont know how to access the area and dont know what i'm looking for.
So if you have pictures or anything that would help it would be great :D

Thanks In Advance!
Karl.

gazza82

Re: Fuel Leak... Please Help

Post by gazza82 »

Try under the rear seat as that where the pump to the fuel tank is. The seal may have gone and it will leak from there once you start to slosh the fuel around driving.

Then check the tank as best you can from underneath.

Might be something for a local garage as getting the car up on a ramp/lift is probably the best way to spot anything. Most fuel tanks are now plastic so it doesn't take much to split them. Might simply be a loose pipe or connector.

I'd mention it to the garage before you go to make sure the area is safe ie no smokers or welding! :no: :o :facepalm:
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Barnard85

Re: Fuel Leak... Please Help

Post by Barnard85 »

Thanks for your reply... its not a constant leak... when it gets to under half a tank i dont notice no puddles... and the smell is not as strong either.
I shall have a look under the seat though and let you know how i get on.