Power steering Pipe Leak

Any problems assoicated with leaks
gazza82

Power steering Pipe Leak

Post by gazza82 »

Anyone know what the part number is for the steering pipe that runs across the front of the car near the bottom of the rad? I think it's the low pressure one .. at least the leak is gentle so it doesn't look like it's under much pressure.

If any one has a good 2nd hand or or knows where we can get one (or at least at significantly less that I know the dealers are going to want), let me know!

UPDATE! April 27th ... ordered new pipe from stealers .. £80 ... and this is only HALF the low-pressure pipe. It runs from the pump to half way across car behind radiator .. then a small jubilee clip connects it to remaining pipework. Known as PAS RADIATOR Part no 4020 FX on our model (4013 40 on later cars).

thanks
Gary

PS Very new to this forum, so hi to everyone ... will be posting on behalf of my daughter as it was me who convinced her to buy this 2.0 CC (Cayman Green!). But then you shouldn't ask a man who owns an Alfa! At least I can fix most things!! :wink:
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

gazza82

Re: Power steering Pipe Leak

Post by gazza82 »

Replaced the pas pipe last Friday (after changing the cambelt!).

This meant removing the front bumper ... oh joy. Still it's not held in with too many bolts although I did have to remove the headlights to get to two of them. That did give me a chance to check the condition of the body work behind the lights though. Two lower headlight mounting bolts .. were both missing ... :roll: ... so they've been replaced. One of the lower bumper mountings is snapped and the bolt badly twisted and feels like it is cross=threaded, so will get the fibreglass out soon and sort that, and the other was missing a bolt (there's a theme here!) ... not now.

So no more annoying drips on the garage floor/driveway!

Finished up with oil change along with new filter. The sump plug was so tight it's left an imprint in the old copper washer!! Why do people think this needs to be tightened so much .. unless the cheap-skates didn't replace the washer (£1.06 plus VAT!). It only needs 25 lb/sq in.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

GrandadMonkey

Re: Power steering Pipe Leak

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Well done, and welcome to the forum.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)