I can water sloshing on passenger side

Any problems assoicated with leaks
cadworks

Post by cadworks »

Hi everyone, I am new to this site, so hopefully someone will read this post and be able to help.

I bought my wife a 2004 206cc allure about a month ago and have noticed a couple of problems;

The first is the electric rear window struggles to close sometimes and almost need a little help, I think the motor has become weak, are these motors easy to obtain and to replace, and what is it i need to ask for?

Secondly and much more importantly, Its been raining heavy in devon for a couple of weeks, and tonight when I was sat in the passenger side i could here water sloshing from one end of the car to the other (on braking and excellerating), the footwell is dry as is the boot. I think that water has probably got into the bodywork via the rear electric window which i am sure happens on all 206cc, but mine is trapped. Does anybody know where the drainage point is as i have looked underneath and cant find it anywhere.

can someone please help!!!

Thanks, Adrian

reap

Post by reap »

the water will be trapped in the sill.normaly 2 slots at the bottom to let iy drain out which normaly fill with mud.
where abouts in devon are you?
:)

cadworks

Post by cadworks »

Thanks Reap, found the drainage slots and cleared the blockage, I'm in Bideford.

reap

Post by reap »

good glad you sorted it. were they full of mud?. so you from north devon. :)

aleric

Re: I can water sloshing on passenger side

Post by aleric »

hello guys, someone can tell me where are the drain slots? i can not find them! please help me.

greeting from Mexico.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Bottom of the sil
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

kenzo

Post by kenzo »

Capncol,

I read the post about blocked sill-drains and I'll check Mrs K's 206 tomorrow. I had a brief look at the sill this evening but I couldn't see the drains. I can see the two jacking point on the sill at each side. Are the drain holes forward and rearward of the jacking points? Or are they both towards the centre of each sill?
Are they rounded holes or are they louvers?

Thanks,
Kenzo

Luditus

Post by Luditus »

I had the same problem. It took me many attempts to find them. They are very small (IMO too small) slots at the front and rear of the sill. They run parallel to sill quite close to the fold. A good splodge of underseal would vanish them forever. I used the smallest screw driver and wiggled it about, then left the water to dribble out using capillary action of the screw driver. After half an hour I returned with a larger screw driver and twisted it in the slot to double its width. That was 2 years ago and no problem since.

kenzo

Post by kenzo »

Luditus wrote:.......They are very small (IMO too small) slots at the front and rear of the sill. They run parallel to sill quite close to the fold.
Thanks, Luditus.......I'll get my overalls on if it stops raining tomorrow. I'll do what you did and open up the holes a bit more.
Kind regards....
kenzo :)

kenzo

Post by kenzo »

Found the drain holes on Mrs K's Pug. I had to search inch-by-inch to find them. There was one drain louver at/on each jacking point...four in total. They were hopelessly tiny (but not now!!!). I prodded and poked with a very small blade which resulted in some dirt plus a little water draining out. I'll make a note to re-check every three months.
Thanks for the help.
Kenzo

CharlesB

Post by CharlesB »

Afternoon, chaps.
I have just attended a leak/demist problem on a 1600cc petrol 206.
The problem as reported was heavy misting, and ineffective ventilation. The final straw was water slopping over the driver's left foot.

The info across the totality of the web is sparse, generally poorly written, and has a habit of rambling off-topic very quickly.

So this is what I found:-
The scuttle was entirely full of water. The wiper motor and it's contact block were partially submerged. The water was about level with the base of the pollen filter ( driver's side, beneath the scuttle cover).
The ventilator setting was on full recirculation, because there was almost no blow on fresh air.

The scuttle drains were both blocked, which required the scuttle plastic trim to be removed, which in turn requires the windscreen wiper arms to be removed, which requires a puller. I used a ball joint splitter, applied with care.
The passenger side drain was full of leaves. Easy to clear..
The driver's side drain is more awkward. It is under the wiper motor and linkage, and needed a length of slightly flexible rod to get to the drain hole. I used a length of coax aerial cable in the end. I had to ferret out quite a wad of fibre, bit by bit before it drained correctly.
Testing the ventilation at this point showed no improvement, but taking a look under the bonnet showed the pollen filter element being sucked half into the air duct.
Removing the filter element restored the airflow. The car now has excellent airflow on fresh position, and works just fine. The choked and sodden filter element explains where all the fibre in the drain came from.

I never did find the Aircon drain tube, but since it's not full of water, that doesn't worry me right now.
If anyone knows exactly where it is, I would be happy to know.

Lastly, one post says that there is a matrix drain tube under the console panel by the driver's left foot. There isn't.

Have fun :big-grin:

kellymc1983

Post by kellymc1983 »

We've been experiencing lots of heavy rain lately and I too have noticed lots of sloshing noises on the passenger side. I'm presuming that the drainage holes are blocked as discussed in previous posts to this thread. Will get the other half to have a look if the rain ever stops. However my passenger footwell gets a puddle in it after a heavy downpour. On inspection the seals around the door are dry and there are no gaps around the window either. Could the blocked drainage holes be a contributor to this problem or would it be something else? Thanks
Peugeot 206cc 1.6 16v Quiksilver 54 plate

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

As well as clearing those drainage holes I would check under your bonnet behind the engine too. On top of the bulkhead water is supposed to be able to drain away (look on the driver's side near where the pollen filter sits) and similarly on the passenger side. You should see two drainage holes - make sure these aren't blocked by falling autumn leaves which tend to congregate at this time of year. Clear out any leaves that are there.

While you are at it you can check the condition of your pollen filter too - will only take you a minute. If it is wet or dirty replace it with a new one.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)