Rocker cover gasket

Any problems assoicated with leaks
Owen123

Post by Owen123 »

I recently replaced the rocker cover gasket on a friend's 206. However, when removing the cover the 'splash plate' and colettes all came to pieces. As it was the first time I had done this on a 206 I was not sure how they went back together which was a bit frustrating. It should have been simple as I have a fair amount of DIY experience, I have two daughters who cannot afford garage costs, one of them had a beetle that needed constant attention! In the end I had to give up and put the rocker cover back on without the 'splash plate' which really annoyed me. Can someone please tell me which order the colettes, splash plate go on and which way round the splash plate should sit? Or are there any diagrams/picture.

Feeling Sheepish - Owen

reap

Post by reap »

tis splash plate. then the 2 spacers then rocker cover held down with 2 10mm nuts ;)
hope that helps. ;)

Owen123

Post by Owen123 »

Thanks for that. Next question - which side of the splash plate faces up? My guess would be is that it should 'arch' up the way with the cleanest side on top.

reap

Post by reap »

tis a kinda M shape.the M points need to be up. if that makes sense ? :)

Owen123

Post by Owen123 »

Brilliant - makes lots of sense.

I am not doing too well with the DIY at present - had a silly one with wife's new Polo!!!! Must be someting to do with age.

Thanks for your help

Owen

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Age? Tell me about it !

I have to write everything down these days, if I can remember where I left the pen and paper.....
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)