leaking through the interior light!! Help!!!

Any problems assoicated with leaks
hannah21

Post by hannah21 »

Hi everyone, I am new on here!!

I have had a few problems with my gorgeous cc, help???

Firstly, the windscreen washers arnt working but reading the forum, I think its the COM2000 is its going back to the dealer under warranty for that.

Secondly, the horn isnt working... it isnt the fuse so going to ask the dealer to check that too, any ideas would be great though.

Finally, the leaking! It has been going on the whole time I have had the car (11 months), obviously it isnt a problem in the summer but its awful at the moment. It is leaking through the interior light, im wondering if it is from the aerial?? This is obviously a big problem as it stops the light working and im worried about the central locking?? Any ideas why or how to get that area off so i can dry it out? I did think that if I could get the light off and dry it out, I might put some sealant around the aerial??

Anyone else had these problems?? Any help appreciated.
Oh and my MOT is due in just over a week so need the horn atleast fixed by then!!
Its a 54 plate allure registered in march 2005 so got the updated rain gully bits and roof clips if that helps.
Still, despite all the problems, its my baby and I couldnt live without her!!!
:love-thx:
Thank you, Hannah xx

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Hi Hannah,
Read the following:
http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?id=10778

You should get all you need about curing the leak.

Good luck with the warranty claim!
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

hannah21

Post by hannah21 »

Thank you grandad!! x

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Did you get your horn fixed ok, and pass the MOT?
Ron

Dav1ey

Re: leaking through the interior light!! Help!!!

Post by Dav1ey »

Had the dreaded leak through the aerial holes start yesterday with all this torrential rain so I followed instructions of light out, cream plastic out and aerial connections removed, popped out aerial and sealed it with a thin sausage of blue tac round both holes and has worked a treat, no more leaks but this is just a quick fix until my Shark Fin amplified aerial arrives :D Only took a few mins with thin flat screwdriver and spanner
Ex owner of a 2005, 206cc Allure, Aegean Blue, 1.6 Auto with Cream leather ambience - *** SOLD *** and being loved in Essex :) NEW Fiat 500 Lounge with Start Stop in Pasadoblé Red... Rampant Roller Skate :D
Norwich, UK :) OUT, PROUD & PROBABLY BEING NAUGHTY!

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Well done. Wouldn't have thought of using blue tac! Not a bad idea.
Ron

Rosefolly

Post by Rosefolly »

Hi there

Just joined - I too have just purchased Peugeot 206cc 2005, really loved it until last week when water started coming in through interior light enough to make a pool in the well underneath the handbrake. I had this on my Peugeot 206 GLX saloon car as well but it disappeared of its own accord unlike this one which is spraying water everywhere when I go round corners or go through car wash. Really irritating. Will it just disappear or do I need to go to dealer for repair.

LL :( :(

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Hi and welcome.
These leaks rarely "heal themselves", so it's a case of trying to find where the water is coming in and go from there. A good local garage should be able to do this. You don't need a dealer. Do a search on here for roof leaks. It may be something you can fix yourself.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Thar

Post by Thar »

You'll probably find that the leak is due to the seal around your aerial which would cause water to come through the interior light. A visit to the dealer isn't necessarily the only answer, it depends on how handy you are. If you check this link, it tells you how to remove the interior light and gain access to the aerial. You can try to seal it but may find you need to replace the rubber seal around the aerial.
Image...............

Life's too short to drive around with your top on! :D

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

The linkmeister strikes again :lol:
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Thar

Post by Thar »

I think we were typing a reply at the same time Capn :Yes:
Image...............

Life's too short to drive around with your top on! :D