Yet another person askin about a Leak

Any problems assoicated with leaks
Tee73

Post by Tee73 »

Hi Ive got a leak where you pull the handle down to open the roof where the two seals meet Ive been to peugeot Perrys in Bolton today but they cant look at it till two weeks Tuesday and the woman on the desk said the worst case it will cost £600 OMG So anyone have any ideas what it can be and if they know another garage cheeper in the Bolton / Manchester area. Thanks Tee

Thar

Post by Thar »

Hi Tee,

A fellow Boltonian here!

I bought my 206cc from Robins and Day in Sale, it's not that far away, you could try them for a price? Perry's seem expensive :yikes:

What you got...I'll look out for ya! :)
Last edited by Thar on Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image...............

Life's too short to drive around with your top on! :D

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

I'd use silicon grease to fill the gap. You can buy a tub at your local plumbers merchants. Complete new seals would cure it but they'd wear/harden eventually.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

Mike Clapham

Re: Yet another person askin about a Leak

Post by Mike Clapham »

I just bought my daughter a new car because of all the problems she had with the CC, one of which was a leaky roof, I have the car now and god the problems.....the roof leaked on both sides and yes you got a shower when braking hard :( but I decided to get all the problems fixed so I could get back and too to work. Beats cycling lol, I put the roof down half way, then pulled the seal forward (removing the two rubber grips that hold it, then pulled the seals down in the center and then forward off the metal grips at the front. You can now apply silicone grease to the metal where the seal fits at the top...then put the seal back in the opposite way as taking it off, the seal then stops leaking :) Just be careful with the roof, It may be better to operate it in manual mode you will need a second person to help you.
2003 206 CC 1.6 silver :) 1.3 Fiesta style Silver :) Renault Megan copay 1.6 Sports edition Orange.

Can't wait for a nice sunny day....Just because....I have Air conditioning without the AC turned on and my friends can't ;)

jmfabiao

Post by jmfabiao »

Hello everybody. I'm new at this forum, in fact i've just completed my registration. I bought my 206 cc two weeks ago, and noticed that same problem, which left me a bit sad... Any way, i also noticed that the right side door (in my case it's the passenger side - i´m from Portugal...) didn't close properly ( about 3/4 mm out of the car). I assumed that it needed some fine tuning and so i did... I released the latch (i don´t know if this is the correct term...) and i readjust it. It turns out that the problem was fixed in no time. It raind hard for the past week, and still no leak! I don't know if this will work for all leaking problems with those sealants, but in my case, it did work, at least so far... Hope this can be of any help, at least for some of you... :thumbs:

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

jmfabiao- Welcome to the forum & thanks for the tip
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.