pulled the carpet up soaked??where are the drainage thingys

Any problems assoicated with leaks
yogibear

Post by yogibear »

hey all, pulled the carpet up soaked, hjave pulled through bits of, no water in the boot. sounds like its in my side pannel?? anyone know where the hmmm thingys are that drain the water out are located?? pulled my mud guard of the front and cant see no hole ? also is there anyone on the back near the roof please?

Kerreh

Post by Kerreh »

I had a soaking carpet behind the drivers seat - turns out the water was getting in (drip by drip) through the seal running across the back of the roof and near the windows and running down the side of back chair onto carpet - voila sopping wet carpet.

Spent a few minutes opening/closing roof and putting vaseline on the seams. Seems to have worked a treat - not a drop of water since then! Admittedly haven't been opening/closing the roof in this weather but heck I can deal with a bit of maintenance if that's all that's required.

May be worth a look to see when it's been raining heavily if water is coming in through the roof/seals?

If however you meant wet elsewhere (I'm kinda guessing from your post) then apologies and hope someone else can shed some light

yogibear

Post by yogibear »

hey, yeah i pulled the passenger and drivers carpet up soaked. plus when i push back and forth on back passanger carpet its squidgy, sounds like water is in the back side of the body hear it swishing. if the seals are buggered on the rear windows, does that mean i need them replacing? plus water must be gettin in near front somewhere to as its soaked under driver and pass seat also would u agree? plus since all the water has been comin in i have my roof sensor beepin all the time. but dont know where its located or if its related. i get abs fault comin up alot, passenger air bag deactivated when i dont touch nothing lol. the car is a joke. i did speak to the legal gov who have informed me if i buy a car from a garage withing 6 years if its dont fit the safety or man fact standard the garage have to fix it. well i brought it 3 months back, hopefully he will fix it but worried as he wants to drill a hole in my floor??

yogibear

Post by yogibear »

how do i check seals please? as its been raining here and my car is full of water in seals again. driving me mad x

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Can I suggest you answer mikezvaio's question in his thread.
He's considering buying a 206cc.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

yogibear

Post by yogibear »

ok how do i find him

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

You already have.
That should put him off.
Ron

yogibear

Post by yogibear »

well i thought u said reply to his message and i feel honesty is the best policy??

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

I quite agree yogi. That's what I wanted you to do. The more honest people are about their experiences with 206cc's the less disappointment new owners will feel when they suffer problems themselves.

Thank you. :thumbs:
Ron

yogibear

Post by yogibear »

yogi he he its donna. but cool glad i done ok :lol2:

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Glad I made you smile Donna.
Yes you've done OK.
Just a shame about your harsh experiences with your car.
I can't see that drilling a hole in the floor of your car will help at all by the way.
I suppose he'll fit a plug next!
Ron
Ron

yogibear

Post by yogibear »

lol, yeah well he has had my car for over a week now, now he put the roof down and it wont go back up and its beeping. roof worked fine when i had it. its all the way in leicester and i want her back nowah sad face x

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

I suggest you get him to take it to Robins & Day the Peugeot main dealers in Leicester. They should know what they're doing. Doesn't sound as if the dealer you bought from knows what he's doing, and he should get it put right at his expense, not yours.
Ron