Leaking Drivers Side - please help

Any problems assoicated with leaks
KAM - Gutted!!!

Post by KAM - Gutted!!! »

Hi all,

I brought my 206CC February last year from a car dealership (not a Peugeot one) 5 days later we had terrible rain which caused a leak in the back behind my driver seat, I took it back and was told Seals were not covered by warranty (which I paid an extra £250 for) but they would fix it as I hadn't had it a week, they replaced the side seal and it was ok...until the next down pour, I took it back and they would not help as I had had it past the 28 days :censored:!
I had this problem and it leaking on the same side above my head which soaked me everytime I braked - nightmare!!! I took it to two other garages for help where it was silconed and also Iwas told about the petroleum Jelly on the ends of the seals to stop them drying out, this worked.
I had no problems althrough the winter, so I thought it was finally solved until this weekend when we had heavy rain and snow I got into my car yesterday and was soaked as drove off! This morning is even worse it has started again behind my drivers seat and is worse than ever!

Has anyone got any suggestions as to why this is keeps happening as I have read about alignment and gaps in windows and I'm worried now!:sorry:

Thanks

revclassic

Post by revclassic »

Hi Gutted KAM

I've just recently bought a 206cc. Sorry to hear about your damp patch!

Have you checked the seal on the drivers side above the quarter light window?
Where the two meet they should overlap and not be tucked in. You'll need to lower the window to check.
If you're unsure about what I mean, let me have an email address and I'll send you a piccy that shows the location.

Apparantly if it's tucked in, the water doesn't flow away as it should and can end up behind the drivers seat.
Might just be the problem, heres hoping.

Regards

Rick
If a black cat crosses your path, it's obvious that it's going somewhere.

patty

Post by patty »

hi,
i also had this when we first got our car ,
and it turned out the door needed re- aligning,and not the seals at all.

just a thought.

pat.

Fiery Phoenix

Post by Fiery Phoenix »

Happening to me now!!!!!!

Only leaks once the door is open and I shut it behind me. The car is not leaking when the dorrs are shut and it rains as there are no wet patches when I first eneter the car after a night of raining. The problem is when I drive off, water is dripping everywhere, when I turn a corner or break.

Is it just one of those things to learn to live with it or should I bring it back to the dealer to see if there is anything they can do to fix it?
Last edited by Fiery Phoenix on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

I have an 05 car with the roof strips which help and I have never experienced any leaks whatsoever. Have you found the roof repair guides in the Uploader section on the forum? They start after the videos. They may be of help.

http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/uploads.php?page=1

Good luck!
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)