Losing Oil but can't find a leak

Any problems assoicated with leaks
Ben206cc

Losing Oil but can't find a leak

Post by Ben206cc »

Hi there looking for some help/advice.

So I've not long bought a 206cc 2.0SE and I've done just under 300 miles since i bought the car the problem i'm having is the car has ran at of oil after only 300 miles I've checked and double checked for leaks and found none the car had full oil when i bought it, it had done 89500 miles when i bought the car. :hmm: :(

GrandadMonkey

Re: Losing Oil but can't find a leak

Post by GrandadMonkey »

My daughter's 207 1.4 vti gets through a litre every 1000 miles. I put it down to the ridiculously long 20,000 miles service interval. I believe in an oil and filter change every 10,000 miles or 12 months whichever comes sooner. Otherwise you can get gummed up piston rings, worn cylinder bores and valve guides which leads to heavy oil consumption.

If there is blue smoke coming out of the exhaust this is evidence of it burning oil.

Welcome to the forum.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

MartinMax

Post by MartinMax »

I don't understand the reasoning behind the 20.000mile (30.000km) unless it was a marketing move.
The car does consume oil (mine takes ~0.5l/1000km) so in the 30.000km you will change the oil at least 3-4 times.
Now I haven't heard of someone that drives that much during the year. For me, this is the daily driver car and I pass ~5.000km per year, but this still requires 2-3 liters of oil to be added.
On the other hand, this must be putting a lot of strain on the oil filter.
---------------------------
2001 206cc 2.0 S16
Silver with matte black accents...

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Are you checking with the dipstick, or dash gauge?
A sump full in 300 miles is a heck of an oil leak, or major burning of oil, and that would cause other issues!
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.