Any other Provisional Licence holders lucky enough to drive

Website news
52nd of February

Post by 52nd of February »

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if there are any other P-platers out there with the keys to a 206cc. I'm on my reds, and apart from a red one on their greens in the area, I've never seen another CC sporting P plates (or L plates for that matter - mine was only L plated for 3 weeks).

Thar

Post by Thar »

There's a driving school in my town that uses a 206cc...how cool is that! :thumbs:
Image...............

Life's too short to drive around with your top on! :D

52nd of February

Really? That would be heaps cool! There's two driving schools here - the big one uses a yellow, heavily sign-written Honda Jazz and the smaller one (that I went to) either uses your car or his own family sedan - I used mine and his first remarks were "Never seen one of these before!" and was genuinely fascinated by it. Gotta love small country towns... :D

Thar

Post by Thar »

Image...............

52nd of February

I wish the driving schools around here were that cool :thumbs:
Last edited by 52nd of February on Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thar

Post by Thar »

I wish there had been convertible driving school cars when I learned...was about 20 years ago though :Yes:

funnily enough,I saw the driving school when I was out on the road tonight, but it was raining so no topless learning today!
Last edited by Thar on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image...............

52nd of February

Would have been pretty disappointing to book a lesson with them and and have it RAIN on the day!

This may sound strange coming from a convertible driver, but I wish we would get some rain here! It's been three months since we've had proper rain - the only time I've had to use the wipers in this time was to wash the dust off the windscreen! The car is filthy and we don't have enough water in the tanks to wash it :( (there has been two duststorms since it last rained, and I live down a gravel road = one extremely dirty car)

Forecasted rain today, we wake up to a clear blue sky - not a cloud in sight...
Last edited by 52nd of February on Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thar

Post by Thar »

Seems strange someone wishing for rain...we get to much up in the North of England...was beginning to wonder why I bought this car this year but we have had a dry spell so I have got to take the roof off a few times in the last few weeks. It will start to get really cold soon and I have decided to take my car off the road for the colder Winter months.

Does your upholstery get all dusty? I bet that's a pain!
Image...............

52nd of February

Hope the weather there clears up for you soon - we think it's too cold here in winter but really, the worst it gets during the day is about 16 degrees, I know England gets much colder than that! There's some beautiful countryside over there just perfect for a CC :) It's actually too hot here to have the roof down - 35 degrees and a scorching sun makes a very uncomfortable ride and it's only spring!

My upholstery is a disgrace - if you tap on the seats, you raise dust clouds. The rear seatbelts are shocking, the wine-chiller is full of it, the air conditioning vents and hoops are coated with it and my brother told me one day while sitting in the back, "There is a stream of dust flowing in here through the back of the door!" Next year, I'm off to uni so no more gravel roads!

I deliberately parked it outside tonight, there's a storm cloud out there. I'm hoping it rains all over it because I won't have a chance to take it into town to clean it for another week and a half. It's been 2 months since it was last cleaned :(

Thar

Post by Thar »

It's 15C here now in the day and that's good for this time of year lol! I never thought about it being too hot to take the roof off! I bet you feel like an oven roast chicken sat in your car in the searing heat.

I have leather seats so don't have the dust problem, but they burn your tush when it gets hot :hot:

Hope you get some rain soon mate! :)
Image...............

52nd of February

It's 9a.m. right now and 27 degrees, which would be fine, but past 11a.m. to about 3p.m. it's just too hot. The humidity also gets up to 95% on really bad days - yuk. Winter's too cold, summer's too hot - left with the middle of spring and autumn - rules out most of the year doesn't it?

Your imagination is spot-on - you can actually feel your skin burning. I've waited in my uncles' parked Mercedes with the roof down in full sun, trying to keep in the shade of the A-pillar :lol:

Oh yes, leather hurts - looks like you've got red and black leather too, which has to be as good as a frying pan when left in the sun. Ouch! The poor souls in the Cayman Green CC here are kitted out with black leather, but it never gets out much. Don't know what you'd do with your car out here, lay some towels down??? :rotfl:

Thanks, in desperate need of it - the grass is brown and I don't know how long the coffee trees can go without it!

P.S. I really like your interior! The black and red leather is my favourite and if I had a black, red or silver Pug I would definitely make sure it had the "fusion" leather :Yes: :thumbs:
Last edited by 52nd of February on Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.