Farewell to 206cc

Post in here if ya owned a CC but moved on
rfman

Farewell to 206cc

Post by rfman »

After owning the cc for 7 months, and enjoying it for all that time, I sold it when I went away for the summer. Contrary to other reports, I had no trouble with mine, other than things I reported on the forum, and other issues like the windows not fitting etc. were sorted using information on the forum. Thank you for the help.
I was looking for another one but couldn't find what I wanted, and have now bought a Megane cc. I'll still be looking into the forum and if a low mileage good condition 206cc allure diesel does turn up, I'll be back!

GrandadMonkey

Re: Farewell to 206cc

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Good luck with the Megane cc. You might need it. I hope you never have to replace a headlamp bulb.

I've owned two Renaults and the never-ending electrical problems were awful. My son has a Megane Grand Scenic 1.9 dci and that has them too. Currently awaiting removal of the fuse box so that we can take it apart and dry it out after Christmas. It wasn't starting at all for a couple of days but I got it started this afternoon but then had to stall the engine to stop it. Tried disconnecting the battery first but still it carried on running with lights, fan and wipers all on.

Glad you found our forum helpful.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

Rivis

Post by Rivis »

rfman wrote:I'll still be looking into the forum and if a low mileage good condition 206cc allure diesel does turn up, I'll be back!
I might be selling mine soon, I'll decide in the next month or so due to changing circumstances. It's a 1.6 HDi Allure with 63k miles on the clock.
John
Silver 206cc Allure HDi 1.6 [2006]

rfman

Post by rfman »

After 18 months of the megane cc, I decided to sell it. Grandadmonkey, you were right. It broke my heart and my wallet and I was glad to see the back of it. Never again, but I will consider another 206cc and have already looked at a couple.

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Good to hear from you again rfman

I hope you enjoyed most of your time with the Renault.

We've switched completely to VW now. They are not TOTALLY trouble free but, other than regular maintenance, my Golf Estate with 140,000 miles coming up has needed just two rear springs since the warranty ran out 6 years ago and the work to replace them was simple enough. My wife has had her Polo about 15 months now and nothing has gone wrong with that since the warranty ran out.

Good luck with whatever you choose to buy next. I don't think we'll go back to any convertible ourselves. If we did it would probably be a 207cc with a 1.6vti engine (no cam-belt to worry about), but the interior seems a trifle flimsy.

Every good wish for 2017.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)