Wipers and sidelights with ignition

Electrical 206CC problems
paulrdavis

Wipers and sidelights with ignition

Post by paulrdavis »

I have a November 2001 2.0SE 206cc that has developed an odd fault. With ignition on the sidelights and wipers at speed 1 cannot be switched off. Wipers will run at speed 2 if instructed and headlights if instructed. I have checked the battery voltage, had the BSI checked, had the Com2000 checked and the rain sensor disconnected. I have swapped the BSM unit...all to no avail. Any ideas? Could it be the wiper motor?
Paul Davis.

IanL

Re: Wipers and sidelights with ignition

Post by IanL »

I think it could be the wiper motor, if the self-parking contact is not opening the circuit when the arm achieves the park position ( I'm assuming the contact is in the motor). It may be that the contact is adjustable and just needs a tweak.

Otoh, I can't see what the sidelights would have to do with it.

paulrdavis

Post by paulrdavis »

Ian, thank you for your comment. I will remove and check the linkage and motor for any adjusters. If not I will source a motor from my local recyclers (A1 Spares) as they have a fresh 206cc where I bought the BSM for £20. Regards, Paul.

paulrdavis

Post by paulrdavis »

I have swapped the wiper motor and linkage for a salvage set (£36) but the problem persists.
Please, does anyone have any more ideas before I call it a day and scrap the car?
The engine gearbox, brakes and all the other stuff are fine...I was hoping to keep the car going for many more years.

IanL

Post by IanL »

If the COM 2000 is really fault-free, I'm afraid it is probably a fault in the BSI. I think I'm right in saying that you can't just swap a BSI - you need to do some key tapping with Peugeot Planet and there's some tie in with the Engine ECU and the keyfobs. But you can get the BSI tested and repaired.

paulrdavis

Post by paulrdavis »

Ian, thank you again for offering advice. I had the BSI tested and updated last summer, but they found no fault and my problem persisted. I think the BSI, engine ECU and ignition switch with keyfobs are matched, so would require a set swap or clearing and resetting, which is too much trouble and expense with no guarantee of success.