Engine not starting

Electrical 206CC problems
Fihen

Engine not starting

Post by Fihen »

Hi all happy New year to all.
Recently the serpentine belt on my tu5jp4 engine broke and since then I have not been able to get it to start. Engine cranks over but no taco working. I replaced the crankshaft sensor, however, the problem remains engine cranking but won't start. Dashboard readout says economy mode active.
Any advice greatly appreciated

IanL

Re: Engine not starting

Post by IanL »

Starting requires motion, fuel and spark. If it is turning over briskly, then it must be fuel or spark. Check you have fuel pressure and spark. If so, suspect the inlet air pressure/temperature sensor, which determines the mixture.

Fihen

Post by Fihen »

Thanks for your reply. Is the air pressure/temperature sensor a part of the maf???

IanL

Post by IanL »

Fihen wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:51 am Thanks for your reply. Is the air pressure/temperature sensor a part of the maf???
It does not have a MAF sensor. The full title of the item is inlet air pressure/temperature sensor. By measuring the pressure of the air downstream of the throttle, and its temperature, the mass flow rate of the inlet air is calculated by the engine ECU, so it does the same job as a MAF sensor. It is also known as the Manifold Air Pressure sensor (MAP sensor). Peugeot Part No 1920 AJ.

Item No 5