PP2000 Key Programming - Help!

Electrical 206CC problems
batso

PP2000 Key Programming - Help!

Post by batso »

Hi guys and gals

I've been trying to program my Pug to accept a spare key.

I've gone thru the PP2000 steps as applicable, however when the process says to use the key to turn ignition on, it fails to learn the key (either the old functioning one or the new one).

The message I get is "switching on of the ignition not detected".

Strangely, after disconnecting everything the original key still works - i'd have thought the process would wipe out all existing keys but that doesnt appear to be the case.

Anyways, I've tried the ignition on step about 20-30 times, always getting the "switching on of the ignition not detected" message.

I've tried using the Lexia3 module on different USB ports etc, all to no avail.

I'm using Diagbox v7.57 I think, on a WIN7 32bit laptop,

Any suggestions?

Thanks

gazza82

Re: PP2000 Key Programming - Help!

Post by gazza82 »

Is it a new key? If not I think it is impossible to reprogramme .. it needs to be a new "virgin" board from what I remember. I tried on an old one and failed miserably. So it was effectively a mechnical key only (I did get a new immobiliser chip to work, but not the remote buttons).

Not sure about WIN7 compatibility either .. I used an old laptop that may have been pre-XP!
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

batso

Post by batso »

The process as I understand it, is you tell it how many keys (2), and it pretty much forgets all previous keys and you program both keys your want to use - in this case the old key and a new key.

The new key is new, not second hand.

At this stage I'm a bit antsy, I don't want to brick the car.

IanL

Post by IanL »

There are four flavours of key for the multiplexed 206. Which one you need is dependent on when the car was built, and whether the car has front foglamps or not. The keys are indistinguishable, apart from the paper label stuck onto them. Luckily, when I wanted to do an extra key for mine, I had already found that out, and was able to get the correct one. You used to be able to put your VIN into Service Box and find the Peugeot Part No, free, but you now have to pay.

However, I have my own copy of Service Box, which doesn't support the VIN lookup, but can be used to find the right key, if you know the car's RPO number (aka ORGA number) which should be on the door pillar. You can Google it for a pic. Let me know that, and whether you have front fogs, and I'll give you the Part No.

batso

Post by batso »

Thanks mate.

I read somewhere you ditch the first couple of digits for build number?

I've been using 1028 on Pp2000 and it seems to work, all Ecus responding.

But I'd have thought at the very least, I'd be able to wipe the ECU key memory and re-memorise the original key? It doesnt seem to be doing that. PP2000 is telling me to key off, key on, and throwing the error, regardless of which key I try with.

IanL

Post by IanL »

No, the last two digits is the factory code. 88= Mulhouse. Your RPO is 10102. Production date is 6 July 2004.

Your Part No is 6554YL if you do not have front fogs, 6554YR if you do.

Maybe if you'd have more luck with PP2000 using the correct RPO?

batso

Post by batso »

😊. Can't hurt, I guess

Thanks heaps for that, i'll have a shot once it cools down on the driveway (pushing 40c here today)

batso

Post by batso »

Nope, didn't work.

Not only that, but original key wouldn't work until I forced pp2000 into customer mode (whatever the hell THAT is)