Plugs & Coil

Electrical 206CC problems
Claudia cc

Plugs & Coil

Post by Claudia cc »

Hello,
Advice needed on which Plugs & Coil pack combination needed to replace with please, The old girl is poorly today with "P0303" on Planet,
54 reg 2ltr.
Thank you,
C Coop's..

Oh also, what spark plug socket do i need in this engine?

gazza82

Re: Plugs & Coil

Post by gazza82 »

Bosch plugs .. I fitted Super 4s to ours and it was so much better. Just avoid NGK plugs and you can use any coil pack. I fitted one off a 138hp GTi (same engine) but can't remember the make (wasn't sagem .. I'd remember that!)
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Alfa Romeo MiTo, Renault Clio II 1.5dCi

Claudia cc

Post by Claudia cc »

Thanks Gazza, would that be the 'FR78X' (£3.05 each at GSF) (Peugeot Plugs £4.00+vat)
Whats the recommended Coil Pack to go for? (Peugeot £104+vat)
There seem to be loads of them from £40 odd up to £150...
Thank you..

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

FR78X is what I fitted.

I got my coilpack second hand and several years agos so can't quote on prices/makes. Try the forum's Search function
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Alfa Romeo MiTo, Renault Clio II 1.5dCi

vknight

re;no negative at injectors no flickering pulses

Post by vknight »

hello,i have just noticed my pug 206cc 2.0cc 2003 injectors are not pulsing with a test lamp pushed into each wire at the connectors.both wires light up my test lamp on each injector,engine lacks power with slightly un-even idle.put new plugs in 'ngk' plugs,i read that injectors operate by using a negatibe pulse which makes them pulse with a lamp tester.my injectors wires light my test lamp through all injectors.does this mean there is no earthing taking place across all my injectors?.thanks for any replies.vincent.

IanL

Post by IanL »

NGK plugs are often a problem with the 206s ignition system. As stated above, use Bosch FR78X.