"ABS Fault" and OBD2 query

Electrical 206CC problems
timanderson

"ABS Fault" and OBD2 query

Post by timanderson »

Starting a new thread. I'm new to trying to diagnose faults on our lovely 206 cc.

We've just had the exhaust replaced, MOT. When you start driving though it shows ABS fault. The car drives fine and the brakes work :-).

I suspect a sensor fault but would like to know. I got a cheap ODB2 scanner. Using an android app called Car Scanner. It reports two things:

PO502 Control Unit 10 Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) low input
PO133 Control Unit 10 Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 1, bank 1 - slow response

Neither of these seem to have any bearing on the ABS fault?

There is an option in the scanner to send extended read codes but it says "at your own risk" so I'm a bit nervous.

Any insight on the above welcome before we head to our normal garage.

Tim

Capncol

Re: "ABS Fault" and OBD2 query

Post by Capncol »

P0502 can be an ABS sensor depending on speedo drive type. See if any of them are open circuit with a meter
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

timanderson

Post by timanderson »

It was a sensor fault and fixed by our nice garage.

Tim

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

A lot of OBD readers don't display the correct codes ... Peugeot/Citroen have a slightly hybrid system and bury some in the BSI which OBD can't read. Plus many are based on OBD2 which is fine for US cars or cars imported to US but Europe uses EOBD which is a derivative and some parts re-coded. Hence .. it can make mistakes..
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo