Is my Lexia Rev C faulty?

Electrical 206CC problems
leggedj

Is my Lexia Rev C faulty?

Post by leggedj »

I've just purchased an old (2005) 206cc and the airbag light is on (previous owner had covered it up AND disconnected the message centre....)

Purchased a Lexia Rev C and got the software up and running on an XP box, but it refuses to communicate with the car. Won't communicate with any modules at all. Software can "see" the Lexia, but the Lexia can't "see" the car. Green light on the Lexia goes on and flashes 3 times, but by all accounts this doesn't mean much.

I've got the Lexia on the bench connected to a OBDII breakout box with 12v and 2xground connections. Does anyone know if I should be able to hear relays and see activity on the K-lines when I try and connect using PP2000 (or the Citroen Lexia app or Diagbox)? I'm pretty sure I should hear or see something when trying to communicate if the unit is OK, but if anyone is able to confirm this then that would really help.

I think seller will swap the unit out, but he's asking me to do a whole heap of checks first (including finding out if the car has been re-mapped - I've no idea how to work that out...) - I'd like to be a bit more sure I've got a hardware problem before getting into a fight.

Thanks!

IanL

Re: Is my Lexia Rev C faulty?

Post by IanL »

Best option would be to connect to another Peugeot, preferably also a 206. If that works, the fault lies in your car.

I've assumed you tried a BSI Reboot. If not, do that first.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Have you checked the air-bag wiring under the seats? The plugs are notorious for playing up after the seats have been moved.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

leggedj

Post by leggedj »

Hi,

Good shout on the BSI reset, but it didn't make any difference. As for checking wiring, I've not done that. Given the lengths some previous owner has gone to to mask the failure, I'm guessing it's not going to be a simple fix. I'm going to wait until I can get a working diagnostics tool on it before doing anything.

I tried the tool on another car with the same results, so I'm now pushing the seller to replace it.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

It could be several things: a joint or wiring fault, the airbag ecu or the "squib" which is part of the indicator/wiper arm unit and can't be replaced separately. Oh and that is probably about £200 now .. I replaced one several years ago and it wasn't cheap then. Until you get the code you are stabbing in the dark ..

Is the engine management light coming on? If not it could be a fuse in the engine bay that powers the OBD socket.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Spitfire6

Post by Spitfire6 »

Hi,
I have two of the HW deals. Only one works but can never remember which one! The green LED stays on continuously.
I'm not running a VM. I just installed XP to an old notebook.
Software installation was a pain with all the "virus" alerts.
Cheers,
Iain.
Peugeot 206 CC 2L 16V 4cyl 2002. QX 3 5W40 Oil. Lamps 80% LED. 5% HID.
Triumph GT6 CC 2L5 12V 6Cyl 1972. QX 3 5W40 Oil. Lamps 98% LED.
G6SBH.
Siemens Controls & SW Engineer.

leggedj

Post by leggedj »

The Lexia was faulty. The seller replaced it with no issues and the replacement works fine. Just to complete the story, the clock spring and wiring under the passenger seat were to blame for the airbag faults.