Panic level alarm beeping, Head lights On Off Intermittent..

Electrical 206CC problems
wizlinkx

Panic level alarm beeping, Head lights On Off Intermittent..

Post by wizlinkx »

Hi there guys. I couldn't find any previous thread with my type of issue. So am starting a new one.

2006 model, 1.6, Petrol, 195,000KM, Automatic Climate control, battery now 6 months old.

This problem and the symptoms was intermittent, like once a year, then once every 6 months, once a month, now continuous from two days ago.

Symptoms:
- open driver’s door from locked state with key inserted: fast beeping alarm (as if a panic mode triggered)
- alarm stops when the driver’s door is closed or when ignition key inserted in switch, with door opened.
- When ign. key turned to ‘On’ position dashboard lights, automatic climate control panel illuminating lights come ‘On’. This happens with the left stalk in off position.
- When engine is started and running - dipped head lights come ‘On’ automatically with the stalk in off position. Used to be intermittent On and Off, now continuous.
- Turn indicator lights do not function. Once the left stalk is turned to full 'On', turn lights work.
- Security lock / Door locks: works well when manual Red dash button pressed, also automatically locks doors when the vehicle starts to move (normal), locks all doors with key fob remote when engine off and key out of ignition switch.
- Door unlock with Key fob remote doesn’t work after sometime (may be half hour or more) of locking with remote. Have to open door with key inserted into driver’s door. Both, driver’s and passenger’s doors then gets unlocked.

Troubleshooting
I have tried doing BSI reset many times with no success.
Remove connectors on the engine bay fuse box re-attached.
Removed BSI unit connectors, re-attached.
Now I remove the headlight connectors during day time to avoid other motorists thinking that am a lunatic driving with lights ON, on perfectly hot sunny daytime :)

Other than all this the car is running well.

Please enlighten me.
Thank you in advance for your valuable input.
2006 206CC TU5JP4 NFU, 1.6l, 16v engine, Tiptronic, 184.000 Kilometers, Automatic A/C.

wizlinkx

Re: Panic level alarm beeping, Head lights On Off Intermitte

Post by wizlinkx »

Also I just noticed, When the ign. key turned off after running the engine or if kept in 'ON' position, then switched to accessory position, after a delay of 35 seconds, I can hear a relay being switched inside the internal fuse box every couple of seconds. I could physically feel the trigger when I hold the fuse box. This is unusual. Also, the system goes to Eco Mode after some time.

Probably some circuit is not going off.
2006 206CC TU5JP4 NFU, 1.6l, 16v engine, Tiptronic, 184.000 Kilometers, Automatic A/C.

IanL

Post by IanL »

I think you probably have a processor "misbehaving" in the BSI. You could buy a used set (BSI , Engine ECU and key fobs) from a scrapped car (must have the same engine, of course), or you could have the BSI "remanufactured" e.g. http://www.bba-reman.com/gb/catalogue/d ... oduct=1635.

wizlinkx

Post by wizlinkx »

Thanks IanL for your reply.

Have to try with a scrap yard then.
I believe new keys will have to be programmed to the new BSI? or as you say I have to get the matching keys for the BSI.

I was thinking please don't be anything with the electronics and it could be any sensor or some microswitch/reed switch fault. This is going to be a nightmare :(

wizlinkx

Post by wizlinkx »

Ok. I think I made a mistake about the BSI in my first post :|

The electronics unit inside the engine bay on the passenger side, I guess that must be the engine management unit, which I mistook as the BSI.

Because I saw in another post, that said, the BSI unit is attached to the internal fuse panel under the dash near the drivers side. BTW my car is a left hand drive. Probably someone imported it from Japan or U.S.

So when I checked behind the internal fuse box I didn't feel any other unit. Does this mean my BSI unit is located elsewhere?

it's a 2006 206CC 1.6l Petrol

Ok. So, I'm going to perform, isolate and troubleshoot procedures on the stalk unit and see if the beeping alarm disappears after turning the ignition key to the off position. This means I have to remove the driver's air bag, and the steering.

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

I think cars from the Japanese market are generally RHD.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

And unlikely to have ever been sold in US!
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

wizlinkx

Post by wizlinkx »

Ok guys.

Today I noticed that if I push the turn indicator/head lamp stalk back (opposite to the usual pass action to flash the heads) the problem disappears totally.

Think It's something to do with a loose connection, dry contact points, etc.

Will remove the unit and inspect tomorrow.

will get a contact cleaner and clean the switch contacts. However if the it's something to do with the spring that helps to rock the stalk toward, I'd have to get new one.

Will keep posted.