Instrument cluster connectors (ABS pin ID)?

Electrical 206CC problems
goltho

Instrument cluster connectors (ABS pin ID)?

Post by goltho »

My Haynes manual in this case is acting like the proverbial chocolate teapot. The ABS light is continually on but there are no faults being reported and the ABS works as it should. I swapped out another bulb holder but it also stayed illuminated. It sometimes flickers which makes me suspect either the cluster or a wiring issue between the cluster and the control unit.

I need to identify the live feed into the cluster but as I say, the diagrams I have are inadequate. Anyone able to help with IDing which connector and which pin please? Thanks.
Jan 2004 (53) 206cc/1.6L Allure/83k/black

gazza82

Re: Instrument cluster connectors (ABS pin ID)?

Post by gazza82 »

I don't think Haynes were able to get hold or or use the Peugeot wiring diagrams hence the very generic and useless diagrams in the 206 manuals ..

I've seen you posted something similar on 206info .. but it's an XSI not a CC .. wiring should be similar but just confirming incase the wiring systems are different (pre-plex or multiplex) .. need also to really know if you car was registered late but an earlier model?
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

goltho

Re: Instrument cluster connectors (ABS pin ID)?

Post by goltho »

gazza82 wrote:wiring should be similar but just confirming incase the wiring systems are different (pre-plex or multiplex) .. need also to really know if you car was registered late but an earlier model?
It's an April 2002 and you're correct re. the model. It's the XSI with the prob. I'll update my sig. :) Thanks.
Jan 2004 (53) 206cc/1.6L Allure/83k/black