Comm 2000 Unit

Electrical 206CC problems
Rubyoptics

Comm 2000 Unit

Post by Rubyoptics »

Hey (again!),

Quick question this time. I'm 95% sure I need to replce my comm2000 unit. (Thanks IanL for the repair guy contact details, he confirmed by suspicions! - thoroughly helpful chap). As long as I check that the replacement unit has the same functions (auto lights / wipers etc) I take it the actual brand of the unit doesn't matter (Valeo etc)?
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

Capncol

Re: Comm 2000 Unit

Post by Capncol »

I have one here. How many square plugs on the back, 2 or 3?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Is it for a LHD??
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

I'm sure they are the same- indicators on left washers on right? Got any numbers on it?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

That's the same layout alright. I haven't got the wheel off yet to inspect for any part numbers. I'll try and have a go if I get time on Saturday (fingers crossed).

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Col, Still snowed under at work and also with personal crap. No time atm to take the wheel etc off, however servicebox is giving me the part number 6242 63. Is that any help as to the amount of cables supplied to the rear of the comm unit?

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

No, really need the numbers on the stickers on the unit
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)