Under seat wiring.

Electrical 206CC problems
MelidenBob

Under seat wiring.

Post by MelidenBob »

Hi to all,
I am going through the process of elimination in trying to rectify an airbag light. I keep seeing posts about the connection under the seats, but my 206cc 2003 1.6 does not have any wiring under the seats, the seat belt retainer is not a pretension just a straight metal bar. I have found the pretension on the reel side by removing the panel and checked the connector plug. There is also no sign of any wiring having been removed etc. so I can only assume that it has been like this from new. Is mine the only one like this?
My weekend will now be spent checking the de-activation switch, and the comms, airbag and wire system at the steering wheel.

Thanks in anticipation.

Slo

Re: Under seat wiring.

Post by Slo »

Have you got pp2000 and the proper diag machine? Without it you are probably just wasting your time and could actually trigger the system to fire :!:

Most airbag faults are because of the comm2000 thing which houses the indicators and wipers as it has a spool that operates like a tape measure. Turn it one way it tightens the other loosens, after years of hot sun on the dashboard and steering column the spool becomes fragile and can break up, removing the horn is dangerous too as the ends are particularly fragile.

If your seats dont have air bags there wont be any wiring under them or crash sensors in the sills either.
2003 03'reg Peugeot 206cc 1997cc Manual

MelidenBob

Post by MelidenBob »

Thanks for the reply.
I do have pp2000 and another comm2000 is on its way, hopefully, that will cure it, if not I have booked an auto electrician who is out on 13th.

MelidenBob

Re: Under seat wiring. Cured!

Post by MelidenBob »

Just letting it be known.
The airbag light is OFF! bought a scrappy comms unit fitted and everything is great. I also found that the bird chirping sounds from under the bonnet were being made by the auxiliary belt idler, so new one and new belt whilst I was at it.
MOT a week tomorrow.

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Well done! Good luck with the MOT.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)