audio beep

Electrical 206CC problems
maria01773

audio beep

Post by maria01773 »

Hi all, I'm a newby here. just got myself a pug 206 cc. all seems great. The one annoying problem I have is when I am driving at any speed there is an audi beep and a outlined car pops up on the dosh. The back of the car is full orange colour. I have noticed when I'm going down the motor way at faster speeds its on nearly constantly. Is there any one who can suggest anything to me please? I am a beginner so please please be gentle. Thanks in advance :wave:

Capncol

Re: audio beep

Post by Capncol »

The car is telling you the boot isn't shut. This may be an issue with the sensor, or boot lock.
You can download a handbook from this site if you don't have one.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

maria01773

Post by maria01773 »

Thank you for your reply. Where do I look for the handbook please?

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

maria01773 wrote:Thank you for your reply. Where do I look for the handbook please?
Here:-
http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/downloads/handbook.pdf
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

maria01773

Post by maria01773 »

thank you

George 206cc

Post by George 206cc »

I had a similar problem but with the bonnet. For about 4 months driving the car, every single time I turned it on, I'd get 3 beeps and a picture of the car with the entire front section in orange, similar to how you describe.

Also, every single time upon locking the car with the key fob, I'd get a loud single beep.

I know now that the orange picture of the car is telling me it thinks the bonnet isn't shut and the beep upon locking is to tell me it's not locked properly because it thinks the bonnet is open!

When I finally realised this, after months of not even thinking about it, I took apart the upper section of the front grill, removed the bonnet locking mechanism, clipped the sensor back into place and it functioned normally again.

Can't believe I didn't do it sooner.