lost power to the fuel pump

Electrical 206CC problems
justme1972

lost power to the fuel pump

Post by justme1972 »

hi all im new to the peugeot world.
iv.
got a 206 cc 2.0 ltr petrol 2003 year on a 53 reg. i was driving down the road and stopped at the lights then pulled away and the car just cut out, i pulled to the side of the road and tried to restart it but it would fire.
i went to the petrol station as fuel was low and put more petrol in and still wouldnt fire at all.
it will only crank, iv had a look at it as far as i can work out its lost the power feed to the fuel pump, iv also had a scanner on it and can talk to all the systems on the car.
there is no fault codes at all no warning message on dash at all.
just trying to see if anyone can sheed some light on this at all.
i rang peugeot today to find out if its a fuel pump relay and they said they dont have one and its built into the fuse box.....is this so or can anyone tell me were its located please. many thanks for any help

Capncol

Re: lost power to the fuel pump

Post by Capncol »

I take it you have checked F25 fuse?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

justme1972

Post by justme1972 »

yes iv taken all fuses out checked them all and replaced with new ones that didnt look to good.
i removed the ecu today from its holder to see if this model has a fuel pump relay under it witch it doesnt, so peugeot must be rite in saying that the relay is part of the fuse board.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

You would best get it on a diagnostic machine before forking out on anything. There may be something else causing lack of power such as pressure sensor
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.

justme1972

Post by justme1972 »

Do you know of anyone close to the tamworth staffs area that could come and look at it.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Sorry, I don't

Anyone?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Try asking on peugeotforums and 206info.co.uk
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo