Unlocking doors

Electrical 206CC problems
Blackpug

Unlocking doors

Post by Blackpug »

Hi guys i hope someone can help! we can only unlock the car by using the key. So when driving anywhere we have to open the window and unlock using the key. Any ideas? Locking is fine, we can use the key, the keyfob or the lock button on the dash but only the key lets us out.
2005 1.6 manual 206 cc

Capncol

Re: Unlocking doors

Post by Capncol »

Both doors or just drivers? Just to be clear, if you're stood outside, you can lock it with the fob? Will it unlock?
How is the door locking when you drive? Once unlocked can you open using interior handle?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Blackpug

Re: Unlocking doors

Post by Blackpug »

The fob will only lock and turn off immobiliser. The car automatically locks when we start moving.
It should only stop anyone opening the door from outside but it seems to be applying the deadlocks. Which means the internal door handles don't do anything,neither the lock button on the dash. If i get in the car and lock it from inside using any method i cannot get out unless i wind the window down and unlock using the key and this is both doors
2005 1.6 manual 206 cc