Electrical Failure in my 206

Electrical 206CC problems
Reclusifer

Electrical Failure in my 206

Post by Reclusifer »

Recently had a complete shut down on the way home. Driving in torrential rain on the A11 heading towards Norwich, engine just stopped. Luckily, (my Guardian Angel again) it occurred just before a lay by, so was able to coast in.

I had lights, hazards etc. But engine would not start. I've had issues with the electrics since I bought it off my niece, wipers going nuts on L1, stereo working when it wanted to and indicators stopping after you switched them on. My local repair shop said it was more likely the BCI, but after trying Capncol's advice here, the car still would not work.

I am due to mmove to Oxfordshire for a new job on !st April (no joke) and will need my car to travel to the office. My future boss has said he will take me in to the office each day, but I still need my wheels.

If anyone can assist me, it will be appreciated as I have just returned to the UK after working abroad for five years and still waiting to sell my assets in Thailand.

Capncol

Re: Electrical Failure in my 206

Post by Capncol »

Petrol / diesel? Is engine cranking normally, or does it sound different? Engine management light on or off?
Mileage? Last serviced?

Please read the bit in red below
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Reclusifer

Post by Reclusifer »

Have started new thread. Cam belt snapped.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

I wondered that, which is why I asked if it sounded different when cranking.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.