Peugeot 206cc airbag light on

Electrical 206CC problems
jnin

Peugeot 206cc airbag light on

Post by jnin »

Hi people
Wife's Peugeot has the airbag on
It all started when she put the belt on the other day
I wiggled the cables underneath the seats but no luck.
I have the lexis cable and the diagbox but nothing is coming up. To be honest I don't trust the damn thing as I got it from Alliexpress.
Are there any alternatives which check and clears engine and airbag faults?
Thanks

IanL

Re: Peugeot 206cc airbag light on

Post by IanL »

As I understand it, Diagbox contains a subset of Planet which it uses for older cars. If that's the case, it may be that the fault you are chasing is something left out of the subset. I suggest you do one of the following:

Uninstall Diagbox and install Peugeot Planet 2000.

Install Planet on another PC

Install VMWarePlayer (free), then install an XP Virtual Machine into that, and then install Planet into the XP.
Last edited by IanL on Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

A Pro code reader will also read it (Snapon / Launch / Macscan / Bosch etc:)
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

jnin

Post by jnin »

Thanks guys

ianthelaugh

Post by ianthelaugh »

I brought a 206cc with the airbag on!
I found a You tube (titled) video
Peugeot 206 airbag warning light, how to fault find using resistors

That explains how to fault find (replacing the airbag with 3.3 ohm resistor 15p each from maplins 2 required)
Mine turned out to be a break on the clock spring in the steering wheel (brings horn and airbag cables onto the wheel)
1- Switch off engine and wait 10 minuted
2- Disconnect the air bag
3- in the cable connections supplying the air bar insert a 3.3 ohm resistor in each connection across the 2 terminals
4- If the fault clears (faulty air bag)
5- If it doesn't disconnect to 2 cables either side of the com2000 unit (indicators, lights, stereo) and move the resistors to here (if clears break or short circuit in the com 2000 clock Spring)
6- I dismantled my com2000 as was unable to find the break

I purchase a com2000 from eBay (450 new) for £40, fitted it (airbag light out)
But soon as I drove the car to test the esp and abs light came on ( the steering wheel needed recalibration, a friend works next to a small mechanic who has a snap on tester this let me recalibrate the steering wheel in minutes

Hope this helped

markallanwainwright

Post by markallanwainwright »

I already asked some questions in BSI and battery section. I had the airbag warning light on so called out engineer to diagnose problem. He told me the unit under centre console needed replacing. I got a used one on eBay, which I was told by seller was in working condition. Replaced unit, went through restart process and still have the same issues. Car is SORN so all work must be done at home. Is there anyway of testing these units? Is anyone local to me with knowledge and time to help me out (Romford, Essex)? What else should I be checking?

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Airbag ECU has to have same numbers on it, not from a car with deployed air bags (crash data stored) and come from the same spec vehicle as there are several options such as side airbags. Failing that, it can be reconfigured using planet (except for crash data)
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.

markallanwainwright

Numbers are exactly the same, from same year, model, everything. Just noticed when opening driver's door the digital odometer comes on for twenty seconds.... Also on turning off ignition it stays on for twenty seconds. Related issue?

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Have both cars got same airbag layout? Was donor car crashed? Have you cleared fault code?

Re Odometer. Think they all do that.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

markallanwainwright

I was told that the cars are exactly the same and donor car had not been in accident.
I since read a couple of threads that BSI are not interchangeable between vehicles and can do serious damage in trying to do so. Also by plugging in a used one my milage will jump up to what is in that memory which would be a pisser as my car has only done a genuine 23k.
I have not had the fault code cleared, I have to rely on mobile service at £40 a time, and as airbag lights are still up I didn't think code would clear. But maybe have to get him back and see if he can check both BSI for any faults. Any other suggestions Col?

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Hang on a mo. Have you changed the BSI or the airbag module?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

markallanwainwright

A-ha....I thought the BSI was seatbelt tensioner and airbag unit stuck under the centre console. If that's not the case I have made myself to look at right Charlie

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

BSI is by the drivers right knee, Airbag unit is under front of centre console and controls all aspects of airbag system.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

markallanwainwright

Thanks for clearing that up Col. Its defo the airbag unit i was told was at fault. Ill speak with mobile diagnostics guy on moday and see if he can test both units i have. As i bought the only used one i can find on line in this Country, can the be repaired or any idea how much a new one would cost?

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Try BBA reman
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)