boot central locking

Electrical 206CC problems
rfman

boot central locking

Post by rfman »

Does anyone have the pics for the modification to the boot central locking, to make it open with the doors? The German site shown in the post http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8677 has been removed. I am particularly interested in the wiring at the BSI unit, as mine doesn't have the wire with the scotch lock.

rfman

Re: boot central locking

Post by rfman »

Alternatively, does anyone have a wiring diagram for it? The one I have is for the 206, and shows different coloured wires than mine has. Mine is a 2004 1.6S and the wires at the boot solenoid are a brown and a dull orange with a green dot on it. I think this is the earth, and the one that should be cut and joined to the new wire.

rfman

Post by rfman »

I've now carried out the modification. The dull orange wire with the green dot is the earth. You cut this wire and join to a new wire which you run to the BSI. On the BSI there is a large grey connector with 16 pins (numbered from the top). Pin 15 has a purple wire connected. If you join your new cable to this, the boot lock will now lock and unlock with the central locking. I used a scotch lock to avoid causing a spike at the BSI using a soldering iron. I have pics if anyone wants more information.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Thanks for the info. Please post pics as others may wish to try this.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

EstonianRain

Post by EstonianRain »

Hello Mr rfman! Would be very thankful for the photos. I already opened hood inside covers but I m not risking to do without pics. Not so experienced in such a work. I got recently 2004 206 cc automatic (1,6l 80kw)

rfman

Post by rfman »

Ok, sorry for the delay. In the first pic, you can see the solenoid. It has a dull orange wire with a green dot on it. At present it goes to earth. Cut this wire and join a new wire to it as shown:
IMAG0120.jpg
Then run this wire to the front of the car at the fuse box, ensuring it doesn't foul with anything.
At the fuse box locate the large grey multiplug
IMAG0122.jpg
It has a purple wire at pin 15 and is clearly shown in my pic. Connect the wire you ran from the solenoid to this as shown:
IMAG0123.jpg
I used a scotch lock as I didn't want to disconnect everything to solder it.

What this does now is power the boot solenoid in both directions with the doors, instead of only locking as before.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Enright

Post by Enright »

This is excellent - well done! :big-grin: 8)
This should be a sticky topic.
BCingU,
Neil. ;)

Mine: Daily driver; Mk2 MG ZS+ (TD). Current projects; 2 x Lotus Elan SE Turbos
Previous project: 56 plate 206 CC 1.6 Sport (with added Allure!)

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Enright wrote:This should be a sticky topic.
Done
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

SAnt

Post by SAnt »

Excellent work! Thanks for the writeup. Something for me to add to the todo list :)
2002 206cc 2.0 Manual

Mike Rolite

Post by Mike Rolite »

I posted this problem on the "electrical" forum a couple of months ago and have since checked the locks with a spare plug from the scrap yard. The locks work fine and all the built in micro switches seem to do what they are supposed to. I read here that pin 15 on the grey plug will unlock the boot, I assume that pin 13 locks it, as I intend to disconnect these wires and fit my own system due to the fact that the fault seems to be in the BSI unit and both wires are connected to earth via the two relays unless operated.

The central locking on my wife's 2005 cabriolet has stopped working. The lights flash when the remote is pressed and the boot still locks but both the the doors just give a muffled click but don't lock and have to be manually locked and unlocked. (The boot still locks when the doors are manually locked with the key).
I have had the drivers door panel off and tried plugging in several door locks from the local scrap yard and none of them operated, also checked the cable from the door hinge point plug for continuity.
The local Peugeot dealers did a diagnostic check and charged me £40 for telling me it wasn't working and they needed about 2 days to really examine it (not fix it) at £80/hr.
Looking at the wiring diagram the two wires that operate the boot lock are in parallel with the door locks so I can't see why the doors won't lock unless there is a problem with the door switches which are shown in the diagram. I am sure that I could fix it if I had a more detailed diagram and an explanation of how the system works.
I can buy a complete remote central locking kit with four motors and two remotes for under £20 on Ebay so I will not be going back to the dealers.
Any ideas?

bailey-san

Post by bailey-san »

Hi RFMAN, many thanks for the information this is something that has always bugged me I will do the mod and it gets the missus off my back as she is always complaining about this

celso_pt

Post by celso_pt »

Mine's pre 2001 and there's no grey multiplug or purple wire on pin 15 (under the steering wheel I believe).
Is there an alternative way of doing this?

celso_pt

Post by celso_pt »

I spent the whole afternoon trying to fix it and I can't find that grey plug.
I have one white and one black.
The wires have continuity to both of them (because one of the wires is ground).
I cut the wire with the green dot and, before passing the wire to the front, tried to connect it to both pins 15 and none of them unlock it. The pin 15 of the white plug allows it to lock again. The pin 15 of the black plug does nothing.
I also took out the BSI and on the back there's a green and a black plug and none of the have anithing connected to the pin 15.
I have autodata and checked the wiring diagram and it does say it's connected to a grey 16 pin socket on pins 13 and 15.
In a sum, where the hell is that grey plug? :D

Mine is a 2.0 from the first model (pre 2001).

I appreciate any help because I really have no idea where else to look for it.

Blacknight

Post by Blacknight »

Sorry if this has already been covered, but has anyone come up with the solution on cars without the grey multiplug?

Cheers

Iain
206 cc se
206 gti (for sale)
Cinquecento sporting (for sale)
Panda 100hp
Lotus elan se turbo
.................................something has got to go!!

goltho

Post by goltho »

rfman wrote:What this does now is power the boot solenoid in both directions with the doors, instead of only locking as before.
Big thanks from me for the post & pics. Did the wiring yesterday and connected this morning. Bingo! :big-grin: Kudos coming your way particularly from my missus who has found the default setting really annoying when arriving at the car with armfuls of shopping and being unable to open the boot with the fob. :clap:

My pin 15 wire was in fact white.
Jan 2004 (53) 206cc/1.6L Allure/83k/black