My Radio Steering Column doesn't work

Electrical 206CC problems
Millie

My Radio Steering Column doesn't work

Post by Millie »

Hey

my Radio Steering column stalk doesn't work, and I would love for it to work, so I can switch songs and volume while i drive through the steering wheel.

I think it maybe the adaptor as I changed my stereo when i purchased my car. I don't know if it worked before, because the standard peugeot radio was locked and the owner didn't have the code. So instead of folking out money for the code I ended up buying a brand new stereo.

So I did a little research which lead me to the adaptor, i found the one i need

Connects 2 CTSPG004.2 Peugeot 206 306 2000-2002 Steering Stalk Adaptor
On caraudiosecurity website

but I don't know how to install it and where, does anyone have any information on this, or can halfords install it for me? anything would help before i purchase this adaptor.

:love-thx:

fatboyslim

Re: My Radio Steering Column doesn't work

Post by fatboyslim »

If it's anything like the adaptor loom I got it just plugs into the back of the radio and the cars wiring plugs into that

wales1975

Post by wales1975 »

I fitted a Sony CD player to my car and I had to buy a stalk adaptor from Halfords, luckily it was just 99p in the clearance section!

You really can't go wrong, take the stereo and pull ALL the stereo wires into view, the stalk adaptor plug is quite small and easily overlooked. Just attach the plug into the stalk adaptor and then connect the stalk adaptor to the stereo, the plugs are uniquely shaped so you can't go wrong, just keep plugging in cables until you run out of plugs, if I recall you should only have one plug unused and that is the lead that runs to the LCD display.

For some reason though my stalk adaptor only works when the engine is running..
2002 206cc 2.0SE - Manual gearbox.

Millie

Post by Millie »

alrite thank guys, I'll be ordering the adapter. and i'll let you know if I get any problems

Wish me luck

Millie

Post by Millie »

Well after 10mins of trying to figure out the instructions, which didn't make sense much. I've done it, pretty straight forward. Will probably have to help my brother do the same with his Peugeot 306.
Thanks

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Well done Millie!
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)