Airbag light/ which airbag?

Electrical 206CC problems
hemz

Airbag light/ which airbag?

Post by hemz »

How do i know which airbag is responsible for the airbag light? without using a diagnostic machine. none of the airbags have deployed.

I have bought the tool to reset the airbag light and every time i clear the ecu and replace it the light comes back on.

its a 206cc 2004 plate.

There is an airbag in each seat, steering wheel airbag and passenger dash airbag.

is there a way i can use a volt meter?

If i disconnect airbags one at a time would an additional light come on the dash? that way i could eliminate the airbag thats at fault.

thanks

shadow

Re: Airbag light/ which airbag?

Post by shadow »

light will keep coming on until the fault is fixed you need to have it scanned by PP2000, dealer or someone with the software and then reset

hemz

Post by hemz »

Hi the code i am getting is "permanent fault. driver's module trigger - level 1. Open circuit"

Any help to what is causing the fault?

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

You need a new comm2000 or airbag unit. The clockspring wires have a break.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Not cheap ... had that on our Hdi several years ago!

BTW: Don't play around with airbag connectors with the battery connected .. you could set one off!! To be safe, you need to disconnect the battery for 15-20 mins to allow the system to discharge.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Alfa Romeo MiTo, Renault Clio II 1.5dCi

hemz

Post by hemz »

after doing some reading, its more likely to be the comm2000 unit. however theres different variations. what do i need to look out for. mine has the serial number 96533572xt. Does it have to be the same serial number or can i get one that has the same stalks? I have the indicators, stereo control and wipers.

Thanks

bazzerboy12

Post by bazzerboy12 »

hi my daughter has just had a simular experiance tonight she got into her pug and the car wouldnt start just keep turning over, she then contact the AA, when she got back to her car it started but the clock went back to zero and the air bag light came on and is still on, looks like a trip to the garage, hopefully my local garage Auto Francve cant sort it as theu deal in all french cars and they have the right equipment, and a darn site cheaper than a pug dealer.

does anyone know how to soften up the rubber door shut seals the one that the top of the door shuts to, as its gets a bit hard in the winter and the door doesnt shut right.
thanks for reading.

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Sounds like the battery or connections. How old is the battery?

I rub clear silicon grease in to my seals.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.4 Match Edition Reflex Silver (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)