BSI Reset & Battery Disconnection Methods

Electrical 206CC problems
Capncol

Re: BSI Reset & Battery Disconnection Methods

Post by Capncol »

Can you give a bit more detail (the bit in red under all my posts) so we can get a better idea of the problem we are looking at.
It would be better to start your own thread as it will get a better viewing.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Reclusifer

Post by Reclusifer »

Hi, how do I start my own thread?

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Navigate to the appropriate forum (problems>other), and at the top, click on new topic.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.

Paul j h

Post by Paul j h »

Please can somebody help read all about the bsi reset but I don't have a key thob what can I do as it will not rest thanks

kahram_a

Post by kahram_a »

Dear Capncol ,
Although for a long time this method worked for me, but The problem of cluster lights and failing of all indicators came back!
there are some details for this method:
-Bonnet anti thief sensor should be disconnected to falsely tell anti thief that it is closed.
-motion sensor of anti thief should also be covered or blocked.
-Power windows should be disabled.
-Close doors means: close and lock doors as you are leaving car at street before Disconnecting battery.
-For Waking up BSI turn big head lights.
-After 10 seconds waiting time for BSI waking up unlock doors by remote.(actually problem is caused by opening doors after battery connection that causes unusual opening sound which is sign of faulty perception of BSI about doors status.)
Best Regards,

Kahramfar,
Tehran, Iran.

Fihen

Post by Fihen »

Hi all, I to have economy mode problems and have followed the procedures on this site to no avail. The engine turns over but won't start and now it also tells me an anti pollution problem. Any ideas anybody???

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Economy mode is nothing to worry about. It occurs when the car has been left with ignition on and not started, and as you can't start it. it has appeared. The anti pollution fault is most likely the real problem, and you will need fault codes read to establish cause. You don't need Peugeot Planet, just a good pro reader (pref with live data function)
Let us know the codes, and we will try and help from there.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

SAnt

Post by SAnt »

Stupid question :) Battery is failing and I want to leave the car standing for a while. Disconnect procedure says to leave the drivers window open but obviously I can't do that if I want to leave it standing.

Would leaving the window closed cause a BSI issue or should I buy a new battery now to replace & have to run it every few weeks to stop the new battery dying?

If I disconnect the battery, close the bonnet & manually lock the doors, will this become an issue getting back into the car when the time comes to put in a new battery?

I put these questions in this thread because it's about battery disconnection, hope that's ok :)
2002 206cc 2.0 Manual

IanL

Post by IanL »

The reason for leaving the window open is to be able to reach in and switch the lights on before opening the door. If you leave the battery disconnected and manually lock the doors, that's fine. Just before you come to reconnect the battery, open the door and trip the door lock with a screwdriver (move the locking arm to the closed position). This makes the car think the door is closed, so, once you have reconnected the battery, you can reach in through the open door instead of the window.

Just remember to "untrip" the door lock before closing the door - it will not close with the arm tripped, but it may result in damage to the striker or the arm if you were to forget, and tried to close it.