Dashboard lights remain on after key is removed

Electrical 206CC problems
Kate123

Dashboard lights remain on after key is removed

Post by Kate123 »

Hello, I’m really hoping someone could offer some advice or share a similar experience with me. It’s long winded so please bare with me. Tonight I arrived home and removed the key from the ignition and initially the engine stayed running and all the dashboard lights stayed on. This has never happened before so I was mesmerised by it. Anyway I tried to move the car forward and it cut out but only the dashboard lights stayed illuminated along with milage and clocks etc. The only way I can get them to switch off is to remove the battery. Funny thing is when I hold the break in everything goes off, just like it should do. When I remove my foot they come back on again after a short period. I called the AA out and it literally had the guy stumped. He was looking for signs of moisture but he said it was bone dry. Please can someone share some tips or experiences so I have something to go on when I take it to the garage????? I have a 2006 Peugeot 206cc 1.6 petrol. Thank you

Capncol

Re: Dashboard lights remain on after key is removed

Post by Capncol »

Hi Kate. Firstly be very careful when disconnecting battery as you could make things worse.
Follow the procedure here http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic ... 23&t=13473
Also in that guide is a BSI reset method. It may be worth giving that a go first.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.