Seeking opinions

nonsense and other stuff - Don't enter if easily offended !!!!!
Capncol

Seeking opinions

Post by Capncol »

I'm thinking of starting a thread with a weekly, fortnightly or even monthly post along the lines of "What's in the workshop this week" for some of the more taxing problems or unusual things I get to see- purely for interest.

I get to work on a wide variety of cars, vans, and boats and could post about some of the problems I come across and their solutions- so this wouldn't generally be 206CC related, but a head gasket is a head gasket, and a wheel bearing is still a wheel bearing, so some things will be similar, and will give you an insight into the fault finding process

Would anyone be interested?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

GrandadMonkey

Re: Seeking opinions

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Definitely Col. Your articles are always interesting and informative.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

Covbandit

Post by Covbandit »

Yeah I enjoyed reading them and could relate to the Fiesta spring.
My Sons broke, easy job ended up a right pain trying to compress the spring with 2 compressors, it kept wandering off and not going straight until I borrowed another off a mate
Joined forum for this one....206 1.6 convertible 2006 (Daughter)

Family fleet
2.0 Mondeo diesel estate (Mine) 19
2.0 Mondeo diesel Mk3 (Wife) 54
1.6cc Peugeot 206 (Daughter 2) 55
2.0 Diesel Golf (Sons) 19
1.6 Ford Focus (Daughter 1) 63

Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Capncol wrote:I'm thinking of starting a thread with a weekly, fortnightly or even monthly post along the lines of "What's in the workshop this week" for some of the more taxing problems or unusual things I get to see- purely for interest.

I get to work on a wide variety of cars, vans, and boats and could post about some of the problems I come across and their solutions- so this wouldn't generally be 206CC related, but a head gasket is a head gasket, and a wheel bearing is still a wheel bearing, so some things will be similar, and will give you an insight into the fault finding process

Would anyone be interested?
I would be interested.
It gets dull looking at the same thing all the time and some little trick and get outs could help with problems on a 206cc