What was your first car?

nonsense and other stuff - Don't enter if easily offended !!!!!
han18

What was your first car?

Post by han18 »

Just thought I'd ask what your first cars were?! Mine was an S reg bronze/orange Daewoo Matiz.... Please don't judge me, I was 17 when I passed my test in January 2011 and that was the only car I could get so insurance was less than £2000 a year! :o

Capncol

Re: What was your first car?

Post by Capncol »

Morris 1100 (my mums old car) Bet you don't know what they were!
Quickly followed by Mk4 Zodiac
Quickly followed by 3.4 ltr MK 2 Jag (Insurance £108 per year @ 17 years old........Those were the days)
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

han18

Post by han18 »

Nope I don't know what that is! Will look it up haha. Daewoo had a 0.8l engine and still cost £140 a MONTH to insure!

Just looked all 3 up, what beautiful cars!

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Wouldn't say the 1100 was beautiful. The Jag certainly was. (apologies for quality, but they were pre digital cameras, so are scanned images)

A couple of others I have owned (featuring a very young capncol)
Pontiac Trans-Am (same as in the film "Smokey & the Bandit") and Behind, my old Burgundy Rover coupe.

Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.

shadow

Post by shadow »

mine was a triumph herald 1200 se, then a hillman avenger (crap car), then dolimite sprint, then mini 850 (put a 1275gt engine in when gearbox went), then bike era, then a renault laguna, then a smart city coupe, then the 206cc.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

I couldn't list all mine Shadow. I'd be here a month of Sundays. Had some "interesting" stuff though- Several Yanks, and a rather quick Landrover, well 0-60 in under 5 secs back in the '80s was quite quick.
See you had bikes too. What were they?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

First one was a 1958 Austin A35 948cc ...

Still have it stored in my mum's garage .. project for a time in the future ...
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

shadow

Post by shadow »

Capncol wrote:I couldn't list all mine Shadow. I'd be here a month of Sundays. Had some "interesting" stuff though- Several Yanks, and a rather quick Landrover, well 0-60 in under 5 secs back in the '80s was quite quick.
See you had bikes too. What were they?
1st was a yamaha FS1D, yamaha RD125, suzuki 250 X7, suzuki 850 GNE, yamaha XJ650, ducati 888, ducati 916, the 916 was a beast had to back out at 145MPH as i could feel myself lifting off the seat, and no it was not on a public road it was on a airfield :Yes:

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

I always fancied a 916. Had a go on my mates, noisy clutch, and bugger all steering lock (20 point turns)
But what a beast.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

shadow

Post by shadow »

never had a problem with the clutch but then again the noise of the engine masked those sort of issues, there was a free and easy mod to do with the steering lock and that was to go down to the next big roundabout and come back :lol:

han18

Post by han18 »

Oh I really like the Morris haha. Got a thing about classic looking cars. I looked at getting a Figaro before the 206cc but my heart was just with the Peugeot all the way.

omygitworks

Post by omygitworks »

sort of dates me this but my first car was a 1949 Austin A40 Devon if memory serves it cost £15 for the car and £20 pa for the insurance so it seems nothings change re insurance costs :D sort of went sporty after that as my next car was an old tired Sunbeam alpine (my first convertable) :) it had both hard and soft tops both of which of course leaked like sieves :lol: err just to clarify this was in 1970 I was 18 the A40 was 21

anderson01

Post by anderson01 »

You all have really nice models as your first car, Actually i also have a picture which I wanted to share with you people but unfortunately I don't know how to share a pic here. Now I have lost this one because I didn't have any thing for protecting but Now I have a alarm and camera in my parking area.

brisbane security monitoring
Last edited by anderson01 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Go to "reply", then at the bottom, "full editor", then at the bottom and to the left, click on the tab labelled "upload attatchment", then "browse" Find the file (pic) you wish to upload and click on it. Then click on add the file. Voila!! One photo (or more)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

Bananas50

Post by Bananas50 »

Mine was a 1963 Bond 'G' type 3 wheeler with fibre glass body with 197cc villiers engine - no reverse (Google it for a laugh) Could be driven on a 17 year old's motor bike licence.

Proper real car 1955 Ford Anglia (in1971)