Oh My Word People... British Summer Time :)

nonsense and other stuff - Don't enter if easily offended !!!!!
Dav1ey

Oh My Word People... British Summer Time :)

Post by Dav1ey »

Howdy people :thumbs:
How are we all?
With the weather in the UK changing for the better (at the moment anyway), I thought I would see how you are all looking to spend the heatwave? Top down? Top Up & A/C?
I am hoping to see you all topless and enjoying your cars like I am.
Had my top down at 6:30am for the drive to work this morning and it was bloody lovely! :dance:
Long may the good weather remain... :excite:
Ex owner of a 2005, 206cc Allure, Aegean Blue, 1.6 Auto with Cream leather ambience - *** SOLD *** and being loved in Essex :) NEW Fiat 500 Lounge with Start Stop in Pasadoblé Red... Rampant Roller Skate :D
Norwich, UK :) OUT, PROUD & PROBABLY BEING NAUGHTY!

suegriff

Re: Oh My Word People... British Summer Time :)

Post by suegriff »

Hi there :wave:
Yes i had my top down yesterday :big-grin: on the way to work last nite there was aleast 6 cars i passed in 12 miles who all had the same idea, yet today the suns not fully out but still warm :thumbs:

Dav1ey

Post by Dav1ey »

Good girl Sue! :dance:
I finish work at 3.15 and am going to take a detour home with some cool tunes on, I am such a sun worshipper! ;)
Ex owner of a 2005, 206cc Allure, Aegean Blue, 1.6 Auto with Cream leather ambience - *** SOLD *** and being loved in Essex :) NEW Fiat 500 Lounge with Start Stop in Pasadoblé Red... Rampant Roller Skate :D

suegriff

Post by suegriff »

thats one good thing i work through the nite, so be time i get up its already hot :dance: but then have to face going to work at 7pm till 4am while others are riding about with there tops down :|

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Wifey has been "topless" for last 2 days.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Dav1ey

Post by Dav1ey »

I think Norwich has the most numbers of convertible drivers, I was just driving to the office and 8 of 12 cars were convertible with only one 207cc with top on!! Naughty!
Convertible drivers driving with roof up in 20+ degrees should have their cars taken away from them :matrix:

Chushpie

Post by Chushpie »

I work very close to home and if I wasn't so lazy, could easily walk. I've been whipping my top off to drive the few minutes home for my lunch hour and then again to drive home at 5pm. Had to decide whether I should keep putting the roof up and down so many times (don't want to wear it out!!) but came to the decision that it was absolutely essential! 8)
Now: Audi TT Mk1 1.8T quattro (225)
Then: Peugeot 206cc 2.0 (Black/Silver special edition)

suegriff

Post by suegriff »

Had my top down since 11am, only thing had to move car to other side of drive cos of a bird in the tree who thinks its funny to s*** on my seat :no:

Dav1ey

Post by Dav1ey »

Left the house at 6am! Roof straight down! So lovely driving early morning and seeing others doing the same! Howdy to the chap in the Saab 9-3 rocking out to the radio at County Hall lol

Thar

Post by Thar »

Dav1ey wrote:Convertible drivers driving with roof up in 20+ degrees should have their cars taken away from them :matrix:
Absolutely agree with you Dav1ey! :thumbs:
Image...............

Life's too short to drive around with your top on! :D

suegriff

Post by suegriff »

What the point in having a convertible if anit gonna put the roof down? :? seen merc for the last 2 days while going to work 2010 reg with old-ish lady in it with the top up, i sure if i had money to buy one i have the roof down! and sure she could afford a brush for her hair when she gets where ever shes going. :big-grin:

Dav1ey

Post by Dav1ey »

Oh well, I think we have had our summer now :(

suegriff

Post by suegriff »

had the top down once this week but i think yr right the suns gone in to hiding for while :(

Enright

Post by Enright »

I say flip the logic:
In other words, don't find a reason to put the roof DOWN - start off with it down and wait for a reason to put it UP!
If it isn't raining, it isn't broken, and there isn't anything too big in the boot, then the top should be off. 8)
BCingU,
Neil. ;)

Mine: Daily driver; Mk2 MG ZS+ (TD). Current projects; 2 x Lotus Elan SE Turbos
Previous project: 56 plate 206 CC 1.6 Sport (with added Allure!)

suegriff

Post by suegriff »

true enright, but today's rather cold and windy and looks like rain.... but rather have it down then up any day..... how u getting on with yr car??