Am I mad ? (considering the cost of fuel)

nonsense and other stuff - Don't enter if easily offended !!!!!
Capncol

Am I mad ? (considering the cost of fuel)

Post by Capncol »

Had a bit of a free day today as I was waiting for a BSI unit from a Citroen to come back from repair
(Yep! They have the same problems too!) Anyway, decided to have a play with my car for a change, and I just couldn't resist posting these.

These are the two carbs from my Corvette.
(Predator 930CFM's each) :o
P1010554.JPG

This is one carb shown next to the throttle body from the 206 1.6 ltr (They basically do the same job, ie: control air/fuel mix)
P1010555.JPG
:lol:

No wonder hers is better on fuel :hyper:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

gazza82

Re: Am I mad ? (considering the cost of fuel)

Post by gazza82 »

Hers is also 4 cylinders and 1.6 ... yours is 8 cylinders and, what, 6 litres?

And that 'Vette sounds a whole lot better! ;)
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Dav1ey

Post by Dav1ey »

Sorry boyz, what is a BSI unit? I have no idea what does what! Oh and is my 1.6 16valve? I assume it is :)
Ex owner of a 2005, 206cc Allure, Aegean Blue, 1.6 Auto with Cream leather ambience - *** SOLD *** and being loved in Essex :) NEW Fiat 500 Lounge with Start Stop in Pasadoblé Red... Rampant Roller Skate :D
Norwich, UK :) OUT, PROUD & PROBABLY BEING NAUGHTY!

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

BSI is the smoke & mirrors magic box that controls all the electronics on post 2002 Peugeots & Citroens- Every thing from the wipers to the imobiliser.
:neo:
1.6 is 16V (as is the mighty Chevy- 8 cyl X 2 valves per cyl)

Gazza it's 454 cu in (7.4 ltr) and a bit "breathed on" ( oh yeah! It doesn't sound too bad either)
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.

Dav1ey

Post by Dav1ey »

My other half is debating buying a White 2011 Merc SLK 320 AMG... is he mad...! Then again, when we test drove it, and drove it with a heavy foot at times, it didn't seem to use much fuel as its Blue or something! Gorgeous car but would put my Polly in the shade slightly! Will he or wont he...
Ex owner of a 2005, 206cc Allure, Aegean Blue, 1.6 Auto with Cream leather ambience - *** SOLD *** and being loved in Essex :) NEW Fiat 500 Lounge with Start Stop in Pasadoblé Red... Rampant Roller Skate :D

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Hey that's a nice car, but if you think Peugeots are difficult to fix, then Mercs take it to a whole new level. My ML has got the airbag light on at the moment, Plugged in my Star diagnostics, and the airbag module has had it.
They are coded to the cars VIN number, so it's not a straightforward "bang a new one in" type of job., and Merc prices make your eyes water.
Definately a nice car though (can't talk him into an AMG63 black can you?)
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

Dav1ey

Post by Dav1ey »

This would still have 2 years warranty on but hopefully will not go wrong. He has decided he is having it and we will be picking it up Saturday.
We did discuss the other models and the 63 Black but the price difference was immense, we are happy with this one and looking forward to picking it up. Only done 5500 miles and we have picked up a bargain compared to a brand new one.