Passenger Airbag Deactivated

nonsense and other stuff - Don't enter if easily offended !!!!!
Beach Babe

Passenger Airbag Deactivated

Post by Beach Babe »

When i started the engine yesterday, something in the front of the car clunked, and then a message came up, passenger airbag deactivated, but today it has not done it? Does anybody have any ideas? I have had two flat batteries, so do i just need a new battery? :oops:

Beach Babe

Thar

Re: Passenger Airbag Deactivated

Post by Thar »

When my battery was low on charge due to the car not being used I used to get airbag warning messages. Just recently I started getting all sorts of warnings that I hadn't experienced before, handbrake on, chimes when there shouldn't be chimes, no chimes when there should...in my case my battery was on the way out. I wouldn't like to say for definite if this is your problem but how recently is it you changed your battery if you have had two flat already? I'm wondering whether your problem is something else, .g. the alternator?
Image...............

Life's too short to drive around with your top on! :D

aaronwillis

Post by aaronwillis »

Do u have amp kit of different head unit these can cause problems too
If not thar is correct alternator could not be charging it
Or could have duff battery
BYE BYE 206cc...........HELLO LEON CUPRA R

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

If your car is still on its original battery at nigh on 8 years old then the battery hasn't done badly but is likely to be at the end of its life. I doubt if your alternator will be worn out at the low mileage your car has done.

If it was me I'd treat it to a brand new battery and take care to get the correct one for the 206cc.

That should solve your flat battery and spurious message issues for another 8 years.

Ron
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)