Roof problems

All your 206cc Meetings in here please
Lofty0

Roof problems

Post by Lofty0 »

Hi all
After changing most things on my roof , pump,motor and a couple of micro switches
Got a problem as the boot lid closes very slowly and takes about 5 times to close approx 3 mins
Anyone got any ideas to what could cause this
Thanks

Capncol

Re: Roof problems

Post by Capncol »

Could be air in the system if you have changed the pump. Usually cycling the roof half a doz times purges it
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

hawki123

Post by hawki123 »

hi my 206 cc is making a beeping noise and am seeing pic of boot on dash what can it be

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Boot is either not closed properly or the micro swith in the latch is faulty / out of adjustment
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

tenpole

Post by tenpole »

I bet on latch. Try pushing you boot at the corners to check it is closed.
206cc 1.6 2002 Silver.
L200 2.4 Forlife (wifes)
CB 400/4 (garaged for 15 years)

Slo

Post by Slo »

Just disconnect it and forget about it it will just cause you trouble, this wont affect the roof working.
2003 03'reg Peugeot 206cc 1997cc Manual

Wombleok

Post by Wombleok »

Well I have just registered and went through the lengthy process over complications anyone think this was the Bank of England slightly ridiculous but hey Ho I have problems with the roof on my newly acquired 206 cc Little bleeping noise merrily sings a way when the roof switch is held up or down this was suggest that this particulars master switch seems to be functioning correctly but there is no match kicking or hydraulic motor operating the fuses are okay that's the main fuse number for next to the steering column that would be the 20 amp one all intact and good not really sure where to start on this maybe if I find the motor the hydraulic motor that is and work my way to backwards could anybody tell me where to locate the hydraulic motor please very much appreciated chaps and Chapesses from Martin in Colchester

Wombleok

Post by Wombleok »

Yes okay I meant latch clicking ..." There will be obvious typos when you use the dictation facility on the iPad great idea and saves an awful lot of typing I look forward to any replies that may help please please don't say have you checked the fuse is yes I have checked the fuses and they are okay thank you guys for the motor isn't actually operating

tenpole

Post by tenpole »

and you put the blind into position in the boot.
206cc 1.6 2002 Silver.
L200 2.4 Forlife (wifes)

Stephanne

Post by Stephanne »

Hi Stephanne here in Spain,
I have a roof problem as well, Peugeot in Spain are pretty good and have identified the usual pump motor etc, but cannot get some small parts as they say they are not made anymore. I have attached a diagram, can anyone sell me these bits or let me know where to get them.
Roof will not operate without them.
206cc 2003 petrol 1.6 had for 10 years its my wifes and she loves it.
I am new to your excellent website.
Regards and many thanks all
Steph
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tenpole

Post by tenpole »

There is a place near Romford called Ford Peugeot Spares that break 206cc. You could try them.
206cc 1.6 2002 Silver.
L200 2.4 Forlife (wifes)