Pride & Joy Picnic in the Park car display in Kent

All your 206cc Meetings in here please
revclassic

Post by revclassic »

I organise a vehicle display each year at the Biggin Hill Festival in Kent, attracting classic cars, performance, furture classics etc. If any members are interested, love to welcome you to the event as I've just purchased my first 206cc after 8 years of classic MG ownership and will feel somewhat lonely if I'm the only 206cc there!

Saturday 5th July 2008
The Recreation Ground
Church Road (Off Main Road A233 Bromley/Westerham)
Biggin Hill
Kent

Access to site from 09.30am Free Admission.
Village fair activities plus the car display.
Don't forget to bring a picnic!
If you need more details, drop me a line

Best regards
If a black cat crosses your path, it's obvious that it's going somewhere.

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the invite.

Can't make it myself but others may be interested.

Ron
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

revclassic

Post by revclassic »

Further to the car display in Biggin Hill on the 5th July, please let me know 206cc'ers if you're coming along so I can organise a club stand space for everyone.

Thanks a bunch

revclassic

Post by revclassic »

Just a little more info re the Picnic in the Park. Access to the site is in Church Road. There is a driveway along side the Library, on the left almost immediately having turned into Church Road. There are some speed bumps along this drive so if you are 'Low Slung' I suggest caution or plastic surgery.

And for you if you have Sat Nav, the post code is TN16 3LB

That is all!

revclassic

Post by revclassic »

After a damp start to the day, clouds began to break around 10am, sunny spells developed and the cars started arriving for the Pride & Joy Display. Around 70 vehicles were exhibited in all ranging from the 1930's up to the present day with the Chrysler PT Cruiser Club displaying several nicely turned out cars. Sadly, I was the only 206cc'er there! However, had my MGB on show too with fellow MG chums.

Plans to sell the 'B' have been shelved (Original plan was to sell B and use proceeds for 206cc) My wife has the 206cc and has now been sent out to work to pay for it! And I'm keeping my MG. Life's a funny old game. She's says I can still drive the pug though.

Lovely day enjoyed by many, lot's of tanned faces but sadly no other 206cc'ers to share what was a very relaxed and laid back event. You missed all the T-shirt, baseball cap give-aways too from BP, Castrol, Spax, etc etc.......

That is all