Confused !!!

Audio Equipment, installs & Recommendations.....
Dex

Post by Dex »

Hi
Appologises straight away for what may be conceived as a bit of a hi-jack ! Searched the net for a Peugeot forum in general but found nothing bar model specific such as this. I know this is a 206CC forum but hopefully one of the experts on here can give me some guidance?

My SO has just traded her CC in for a new-nosed 307 (need 5 doors) She wants the Blaupunkt 5 disc cd changer that fits in the dash under the head unit. The dealer has quoted a price of £260 + fitting + cable !! Looked around and can buy the same changer for around £80. Trouble is I'm now being told that the changer will not work unless the car goes back to the dealer for a "Multiplex software update". Unfortunately this means absolutely nothing to me. Phoned the dealers and have been told that they "may" be able to do it, though they haven't done it before ( :rolleyes: ) and cost wise....anywhere from £43 to £168 in labour time. Can anyone please explain what this is all about and why if it's the correct changer it needs to have this software update. Seems crazy to me that it just can't be plugged in and work straight off. Is there another way around this or am I at the mercy of the dealers?

Many thanks

Dex

Lyndon
Site Admin

Post by Lyndon »

if it's anything like the multiplexed 206CC's then each stereo part as to coded to that car, so you can't take a stereo from one CC and use it in a different one, stops theft i suppose :?
Webmaster and Admin - http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk