Problem with in-dash display after CD player fitted

Audio Equipment, installs & Recommendations.....
CMC-24

Post by CMC-24 »

I have fitted a Pioneer DEH3730MP CD/MP3 player which works fine but something funny happens with the in-dash display. I expected the radio readout on the dash to disconnect but it has also taken out the time and message system. These are obviously running in the background as they update at ignition switch on but do not change when engine running - the clock stops when the engine is running and then restarts and updates when the engine stops. Messages, such as 'door open', also lock when the engine is started.
I might have to go to a Peugeot Dealer to get the car's computer reset but this would be difficult as the nearest is some distance away.
It is annoying to have the display locked and the lack of an accurate clock is a nuisance. I am hoping that someone will have a solution.
Thanks, in anticipation.

reap

Post by reap »

it needs plugging in and having the pug radio taken of the multiplexed van network.
your new none muliplex stereo is confuzing the crap out of the bsi and multi function display. :D

CMC-24

Post by CMC-24 »

Reap,
I figured that I might have to go to a Peugeot Dealer to get the computer altered but was hoping that there might be an alternative as the dealer is some distance away and it is hard for me to get the time to go. However, there might be no alternative.
CMC-24

reap

Post by reap »

you can disconect the stereo from the car wiring and make up your own loom from the ignition+fused.
you need perm ignition feed.
accesories ignition feed
and a good earth(down by airbag ecu under centre console)
and speaker wires you can use from the car loom as they are none multiplexed.
ive seen some stereos wired to the fag lighter/accesories dock on centre console. :D

CMC-24

Post by CMC-24 »

I think I'll give that a go as it should be too hard to obtain a permanent feed, ignition-fed feed and earth. Cigarette lighter seems good place to get igntion-fed feed. Thanks.

Lyndon
Site Admin

Post by Lyndon »

nice one reap, another problem solved :)
Webmaster and Admin - http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk