FAQ - Read this first!

Audio Equipment, installs & Recommendations.....
MattB
Site Admin

Post by MattB »

I'm going to try & compile a list of frequently asked questions to do with ICE in the 206CC. If you can think of anything that should be in here that I've missed out then PM me and I'll add it!

Can I plug an amp straight into the standard headunit?
Not easily! Amplifiers take a line input using RCA connectors which many better headunits have. However, the standard headunit doesn't have RCA line outputs so this isn't directly possible.

There are workarounds though - many better amps also take a speaker level input. This means you can plug the wires going to the speakers directly into the amp. If your amp doesn't have speaker level inputs, you can also buy impedence convertors that convert speaker level to line level.

Using speaker level inputs isn't always ideal depending on your setup, so it's generally better to get a new headunit and do it properly.

How can I get a power wire from the battery into the boot for an amp?
See here: http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/phpBB2/vi ... php?t=5889

What size are the standard fit speakers?
The manual here is wrong. The proper sizes are:
Fronts: 16.5cm diameter (5cm depth - top cover to back of magnet)
Rears: 10cm diameter (4.5cm depth - top cover to back of magnet)

More info here: http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/phpBB2/vi ... php?t=3039

If I put a new headunit in, can I still use the stalk/display in the car? 10/09/03
Yes, but ONLY if you buy a Sony headunit and ONLY if you also buy a seperate addon from http://www.connects2.co.uk

Where can I put my GPS receiver to get a decent signal? 10/09/03
The CC has a reflective windscreen which means that GPS satellite signals don't get through. There is supposed to be a break in the reflective coating where the rearview mirror is, but it's not easy to get a GPS antenna up here. Some people have had success placing the receivber in the area under the bonnet vent in the engine bay.

More to come, watch this space...

ICE DOCTOR

Post by ICE DOCTOR »

Nice B!!

MattB
Site Admin

Post by MattB »

Updated

Joe

Post by Joe »

Im new to the pug206cc just got mine bout a month ago, im thinkin of changing the factory CD head and getting somthin else but would the attached remote on the side of the steering wheel still work if i change the head?

zicoz

Re: FAQ - Read this first!

Post by zicoz »

Hi, the link to the power cable to the booth seems to be dead.

url of website /viewtopic.php?t=5889

seems to be working but images are gone.

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Not surprised - that was 10 years ago.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

SamLeigh

Post by SamLeigh »

Thank you!!! I know this is old but you saved me from ordering the wrong size rear speakers (stupid manual)
Im shopping on ebay and would have been stuck listening to those 20 watt speakers for atleast another week or 2 with a return.
Ive upgraded the front ones to some 300 watt pioneers but the vibrating bass of the back ones still drowns them out :hyper: Theyre awful.
Burgundy 206CC 02