2005 1.6 Allure - Stereo microphone installation

Audio Equipment, installs & Recommendations.....
Dusklegion

2005 1.6 Allure - Stereo microphone installation

Post by Dusklegion »

Hi all,

First post so hopefully not a stupid question...

I am a new driver and the 1.6 2005 Allure is my first car, I have recently purchased a Pioneer DEH-3900BT Stereo which comes with Bluetooth phone functions.

For the Phone function there is a wired microphone that plugs into the back of the stereo unit, what I was wondering is there an easy way to get the wire into the back of the stereo and then through the dash so that I can attach the Mic to the steering wheel column or to the windscreen visor? Would prefer not to pull up too much of the dash and definitely want to avoid drilling.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

Paul

Stevem

Re: 2005 1.6 Allure - Stereo microphone installation

Post by Stevem »

There's quite a bit of room behind the stereo so you should be able to run it down towards the fuse box under the steering wheel quite easily and then mount it somewhere near the steering column, if you remove the centre console, if you check on here there are instructions on how to remove it, you'll find lots of space to work in.

Dusklegion

Re: 2005 1.6 Allure - Stereo microphone installation

Post by Dusklegion »

Thank you for the advice, managed to just about do it without removing anything....Did manage to get a few cuts on my hand doing it though. :D