CD chganger fitting kit, and location

Audio Equipment, installs & Recommendations.....
hawnet

CD chganger fitting kit, and location

Post by hawnet »

:hmm:

Hello again font of knowledge, can you tell me please where my cd changer is going to go, is it in the glove box or is it the boot, i cannot see where it would go. My head unit is the standard clarion as is the cd changer. I have looked in the search function but cannot seem to work out where the changer should go, I have established I do need to get Peugeot to tell the radio it now has a cd changer attached to it.

Can you help please? and thank you. :thumbs:
2005, 206cc, silver, allure.

IanL

Re: CD chganger fitting kit, and location

Post by IanL »

As far as I can tell from the Service Box, cars up to RPO 09638, and cars after 09639 with satnav, had it in the boot. Cars after 09639 without satnav had it in the glove box.

If that's correct, it would seem you have the choice of where to put it.

I considered fitting it, but I came across the small box branded Yatour which emulates the CD changer and takes either a USB stick or an SD card. You can have 6 folders on the media, which act like 6 CDs, with up to 1000 tracks, and up to 16 GB, MP3 or WMA. The radio and stalk controls for the CD changer are supported for folder ("disk") change and track change. If you want a change from your 6 "disks" just plug in another card or stick. It works very well.

One snag - it doesn't work with the Clarion RD3-01. I had to buy a used VDO RD3-01 (£14 on EBay) and code it to the car with Planet.

hawnet

Post by hawnet »

Thanks for posting your reply. What do you have to do to change over to this method of music please

IanL

Post by IanL »

You have to plug the Yatour unit into the back of the radio, and then use Peugeot Planet 2000 to add the CD changer to the configuration (i.e. the same as you would do if adding the CD changer). Either get your own e.g. link, go to a Peugeot dealer, or here.

If you get your own, you will have it available to diagnose future problems. You will need a laptop running 32-bit Windows XP, or a laptop running VMWare (free) into which a virtual XP system has been installed. Sounds very techie, but it is actually very simple.

hawnet

Post by hawnet »

Cheers Ian.