newbie !here connecting a bluetooth adapter??

Audio Equipment, installs & Recommendations.....
handyandy1966

newbie !here connecting a bluetooth adapter??

Post by handyandy1966 »

hi there just picked up a 206cc for some hopefully summer sun fun for me and er indoors! Enjoying the car is there anyway of connecting a bluetooth device or a 3.5mm plug so i can play music stored on my samsung s3 ? Or any reccomendations of replacement headunit that looks decent that gives me options for using phone for calls and music and keeps use of stalk controls cheers in advance andy . PS hopefully looking to go to some meets if i can find some in essex and also willing to give anyone a hand with repairs help locally to me nr southend :thumbs:

Capncol

Re: newbie !here connecting a bluetooth adapter??

Post by Capncol »

Hi Andy and welcome.
You need to say whether plex or pre plex as it makes a difference. You could use the search facility as these questions do come up from time to time.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

handyandy1966

Post by handyandy1966 »

cheers whats plex or pre plex ? sorry im not really upto date with terms

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

What year is it?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.

handyandy1966

Post by handyandy1966 »

2002 standard clarion unit i think

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

It's a plex then. I'm not really into the ICE side of things but others on here are, and now they know the car, you should get an answer. If not, use the search facility as this has come up quite a few times. :thumbs:
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

If we can't help, try http://www.206info.co.uk or http://www.peugeotforums.com ... they are forever modifying their cars .. ;) I'm fairly sure it is but it's a lot of faffing with the CD input on the back, adaptor cables, etc and even then I don't think everything works as you want .. remote, etc.

We fitted a Sony headunit to the CC as the older non-mux CD player kept failing or jamming CDs. I replaced it with the same type and it did the same thing ... even though they guy I bought it from swears it worked ok.

I didn't connect it to the remote though as that was a bit temperamental (I need to replace it) and we don't use bluetooth but the MP3 player or phone via the jack or USB port is brilliant. Only cost about £60 from Halfords plus a £3 facia adaptor off fleabay, but you won't need that as your radio is rectangular.

As yours is MUX you might have to tell the BSI unit you don't have a standard radio fitted if you swap it out though ...
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

handyandy1966

Post by handyandy1966 »

got to admit find this flex and mux terms confusing will have to find a shop to get sorted anyone know of a good ice supplier in essex ? cheers for all advise

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Plex or MUX means MULTIPLEX ... it's the way that Peugeot wire up your car ... commonly know as CanBUS .. but being French they have to be different.

It basically means a small computer works out what you want to do and sends the signals to the part eg lights, which saves Peugeot/Citroen money as you don't need so many wires .. they are shared.

Car's after late 2001 are normally multiplex which means the electrical equipment will only work on a similar car. And as you can imagine, most of the replacements are more expensive and often needs connection to a diagnostic system to fix anything ...

To identify a multiplex car is easy: original Clarion radio has no display as it uses the MFD on top and is rectangular, radio remote is shorter and flatter.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

handyandy1966 wrote:got to admit find this flex and mux terms confusing
..............Which is one of the reasons for asking the year in my tag line.

You would be surprised how many times we get asked something like "My car started chugging, what could cause this?" without even giving the very basics, such as if it is a petrol or diesel.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

Karrot

Post by Karrot »

If your car is Not Plexed (original clarion has a display) I can recommend the Sony BT range of head units from personal experience. I have an MEX BT3100P in mine. It does BT music and calls from my Galaxy Note 2, iPod and USB from a front port and has a 3.5mm AUX in for anything else.

Fitting is simple, but if memory serves you need to swap the red and yellow bullet connectors to get the Permanent and Switched lives the right way round.

K
As long as water isn't falling out of the sky, the roof can be down.

fatface266

Post by fatface266 »

I purchased a clarion rd3 iphone adapter. It costs roughly 30 pound and plugs into the port that the cd changer would use and allows you to use the steering wheel controls there is also a 3.5mm aux version but obviously it would not allow use of steering wheel skip function. You can find the product by searching connects 2 in google and inputting peugeot 206 in car info. Bear in mind you cannot purchase from the sight though but they are plenty available on fleabay

handyandy1966

Post by handyandy1966 »

thank you will get one ordered

06UP

Post by 06UP »

All seems very confusing...I have an 06 1.6 Allure...I would like find an CD Changer or Or a connector for my ZiPhone...l Look in my hand book but it fails ail to state model number of either radio and compatible changerCan anyone be of assistance?

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Would it look like this? In which case it is probably a Clarion RD3. Otherwise you are going to have to pull it out of the dash to see what it says on the label.
RD3_finish.jpg
But ... you'll be lucky to find any off-the-shelf items to connect .. look on fleabay for cd changers as people upgrade to MP3/Aux units. Get the connecting cable!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.