So built my own sub.....

Audio Equipment, installs & Recommendations.....
alexbillbridgnorth

So built my own sub.....

Post by alexbillbridgnorth »

Hi guys
I have worked for hours on a new subwoofer with amplifier enclosure for the boot of my car only a small 8" subwoofer and a small amplifier though it all works my speakers in my car are more louder than the subwoofer I have installed, so you can't hear the bass from the subwoofer at all in the cab. It does work though I don't know if it's something wrong with my set up as in the amplifier or the subwoofer I've chose or whether or not it's because of the boot in 206's has anyone had experience of this? I will post the specs of my hardware below please help I've spent so long on this even made a custom box to fit.

Amplifier
Total Harmonic Distortion Less Than 0.1%

Signal To Noise Ratio : >90dB

Stereo Separation: >55dB

Output Power: RMS 75 WattsX2CH.(at 14.4V DC) Loading in 4 Ohm Speaker

Dimension (mm): D*W*H= 102*78*31

Subwoofer 
•400W RMS / 800W MAXIMUM POWER HANDLING (45Hz subsonic/100Hz crossover, sealed enclosure)
•Designed for use in enclosures from 0.5 (hard bass) up to 0.8 cubic feet (low bass)
•Can be used in a free air setup with appropriate amplfication and cone control care.
•Sensitivity 88db @ 1w/m
•Revolutionary Twin Concentric Suspension Technology
•Heavy Gauge Steel Basket
•Super High Density Ceramic Magnet
•Lightweight Anti-Flex Patterned PP Cone

Thankyou guys really appreciate the help :) I will post what I did on here as a guide once sorted.
You can make something idiot proof, but someone will just make a better idiot.

alexbillbridgnorth

Re: So built my own sub.....

Post by alexbillbridgnorth »

I'm going to my local town today to Halfords so if anyone could give me any advice I would really appreciate it?
You can make something idiot proof, but someone will just make a better idiot.

Capncol

Re: So built my own sub.....

Post by Capncol »

Can you turn the amp up a bit? They can be heard from the boot. Ours has the factory fitted JBL unit.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.